“Clean, Comfortable, Great staff”

BEST WESTERN Amedia Frankfurt Airport
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Raunheim
Courtenay BC
“Clean, Comfortable, Great staff”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Comfortable hotel located in small German town. Clean basic rooms, friendly staff, free shuttle service from the airport (easy to find) runs on an hourly basis, the easiest and cheapest way to get there. The hotel has never turned me down for an early check in which is great if you arrive in the morning from a trans Atlantic flight. Breakfast is pricey at 18 Euro suggest buying some food at one of the four grocery stores located about 500m away. Did not have any issues with planes, perhaps keeping the windows closed is a wise idea if you are a light sleeper.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank SquareTraveler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Adelaide
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Only stayed here for night and room was very spacious and comfortable. However, don't let the name fool you - the hotel is not near the airport at all, it's a good 15 minute taxi ride away. The hotel does offer a free shuttle bus service though. Also, wifi is not free which is disappointing. All in all it was a nice, comfortable room, but not in a great location.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Jasmin W
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I reserved this hotel because of its very competitive price compared to the other Frankfurt airport hotels. After my flight arrived I took the bus from the airport to the Mercure Hotel but found when I arrived that it was another Mercure, not the one where I had a reservation. I was told there were 12 Mercure Hotels around the airport! It's about a 30 minute bus ride to the airport from the hotel. More of an issue, however, there is only one bus from the hotel to the airport per hour. So you will lose quite a lot of time if you use this airport as a stop-over between flights (as I did). Judging from the people who took the bus with me to the airport, most are Lufthansa staff who work there and for whom the bus timing is not an issue.

Otherwise, it is a typical Mercure, with a kitchenette but no coffee/sugar available for the morning. Internet is OK, it has to be paid for, but prices are typically what one finds in European hotels. There is quite a decent bar downstairs where you can get a glass of wine and a simple meal, and a restaurant which also serves breakfast -- quite copious, but quite expensive also.

So, in a nutshell -- this hotel is fine, priced very competitively, if you are not tight for time and intending it as a stop-over between flights.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed March 20, 2013

The staff and food are exceptional at this hotel, but the WiFi is expensive (35 Euros) and unreliable. You can also hear the other guests and what they're doing in the adjacent rooms. Thankfully I was provided with ear plugs. The gym is also decent but I found the breakfast really expensive for what was offered (18 Euros). Did I mention the staff is great? They are AMAZING!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Zaozhuang, China
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I am a tour guide of a Chinese group and we stayed in the hotel for one night before we back to China. In the morning I was called by my group that they were separated to a dark room with very few food for breakfast, while other guests were enjoying their breakfast in a light and proper room, of course, with standard breakfast buffet. I asked the waitress and she claimed that we are paid for group meals, so we couldn't eat in the dining room. Then I put my handbag on the chair and called my college who booked the hotel for us. I was only turn back for a second and then my bag is gone. And this dark room was the only one doesn't have a camera. The waiter and waitress didn't ask for the room nummer and let everyone go into this room, which we "should' eat. At last they found out there was a mistake, we did pay for the "normal warm buffet". But my bag is stolen by an unknown man come in the dark room and left. Of course we saw him from the camera at the main entrance of the hotel. Police didn't help, of course, they were too busy to find a bag for me. But all my important staff were there.

I lost around 1800 euro cash, wallet, many cards, keys, cellphone, passport... Due to a mistake of this hotel.

I spend half of my year living in hotels, and this room "for groupe breakfast"was the only one allowed everyone who doesn't belong to the hotel to come in and sit or eat and without a camera.

Of course I should keep an eye on my bag, even only 1 minute, but I cannot say the hotel is not responsible. There must be some thieves stay around and the hotel doesn't pay attention of it.

I will never choose this hotel. And if you don't want to lose your things, don't go.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank xbt

Travelers are raving about these Raunheim hotels

Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Rooms are kind of small and feel a bit dated. Location is ok, close to the main road but not too noisy anyway. The heating was patchy, internet costs extra and was not blazing fast.
Checking in on a busy night meant waiting in line for half an hour. Why this could not be planned for I am not sure.
There are two buildings, staying in one means crossing the courtyard to get to the lobby and restaurant.
Stay here only if you need to.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the main building for convenience