“Worst property I've ever been to”

Best Western Hotel Ruesselsheim Frankfurt-Airport
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Ruesselsheim
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Worst property I've ever been to”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

- The bedroom was filthy, the carpet was dirty, the furniture had cigarette marks, the toilet paper roll was like cardboard, as it had been wetted (it was placed right underneath the sink)

- A group of 4 people went down to the hotel bar for a quick dinner. It took us one hour and a half to get 4 hamburgers with chips. We had to get into the kitchen to ask about our dinner, as nobody seemed to care that we had been waiting for ages. A group of 10 people had accessed the restaurant when we had already ordered. They were leaving the restaurant whilst we had not been served yet. When we asked why they had been served before us, the manager lied to us saying that the group of 10 had ordered simple things like salads. We spoke to that group (they were our colleagues) and they said they had ordered anything, from fish to… burgers. To try and apologize for the delay, the manager offered us a shot of liqueur which seemed to be vodka. Not a very logical customer reward on a Tuesday night.

- The bar / reception manager seemed to have an attitude. His capacity was very obviously far away from regular customer service standards.

- One of the nights I asked for my key at reception and they said they had given the room to another guest. I insisted repeatedly on the actual number of my room to avoid confusions. They still said that the room had been given to somebody else and that they would need to put me in a different room. I asked if they were going to take my shirts one by one to my next room. One of them then went to the room, clearly showing that he was upset about the situation and that this was being an irritating issue for him. When he came down he said the room was, indeed, occupied. He then checked the number again, and after 20 minutes he realized that mine was a different room.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Tirunelveli, India
Reviewed September 28, 2012

knowingly or unknowingly i chose this mercure hotel at ruesselsheim which is far from ruesselsheim station and taxi fare appx. 10 euros. but by bus it is 1.70 euros and takes nearly 20 minutes.My zimmer 322 is outside the corridor area and carpets had deep scars everywhere. beds are comfortable but if you want fresh air and do not attempt to open windows as speeding vehicle noises are at high level and could be so irritating. In the 2 nights I stayed replacement of sugar n coffee were not done. In the toilet only few length of tissue paper were left and no extra roll were in sight. Wirefree is useless. Accore management has completely neglected this fine property for a long period and i don't think there could be any revival. I'll desist from staying this hotel in future....

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Ruesselsheim hotels

Waroona, Western Australia, Australia
Reviewed September 17, 2012

During our four week tour of Europe this was the worst hotel in which we stayed. The price for the night was cheap and the accommodations were that too. The location was terrible, the television did not work, neither did the wifi. There was nothing in the immediate vicinity to enjoy not even a park! We drove into Frankfurt for dinner atleast a 40min drive, but worth it just to escape the room for a few hours. We only stayed here for the one night and I was pleased to leave the next day. The room was dated and felt dirty although on close inspection it was infact clean. This hotel has three things going for it, the water pressure in the shower was good, it is close to the motorway and there was ample parking available. The Mecure Group should be ashamed to have their name associated with this establishment. We would not stay here again even if they paid us!

Room Tip: Look for a different hotel
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

I traveled to Frankfurt on a business trip, my wife and I stayed in a double room, the hotel and rooms themselves were clean and tidy with reasonable facility's. However, the free wifi didn't quite extend to our room, so were forced to sit in the corridor to check our emails, as the wifi's coverage didn't quite reach the bar area either!
On arrival we asked the receptionist to point out on a map of the local area (available from reception) where we were, so we could get our bearings, she couldn't, so asked a collegue who couldn't either!
Our room was a good size with modern tv and mini-bar but, there was a light bulb missing from the fitting next to the bed, the double bed appeared to be two singles pushed together, the bathroom was also a good size with plenty of complimentary goodies, but could have done with a good clean as orange mould was visible around the shower cubicle, and over all the carpets in the room what appeared to be bleach marks in alcoves and corners or the room( see pictues), as we walked through the hotel we found more of these marks and presumed it must have been an ill informed or disgruntled member of staff that has ruined so many of their carpets!
I have stayed in many hotels with work, both budget and boutique and this was not worth €190/ night, I was required to stay in Frankfurt for an additional night, I opted for a locally run hotel charging only €33/ night which I found to be most agreeable.

• Stayed September 2012
Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed June 6, 2012

I spent a night here on the way over to Prague; the hotel is easy to find, being within easy reach of the motorway (but located on an industrial estate, which may not be everyone's choice) , and parking is adequate. The room itself was comfortable, but decor seemed a bit dated, especially the bathroom. That said, at a 45€ prepay rate via the Accor website, it was pretty good value and I'd be happy to use the hotel again if only for a cheap stopover

Room Tip: Book via the Accor website to get a good advance rate at weekend
Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Povazska Bystrica, Slovakia
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I spent 2 weeks in this hotel and I have to stay "thanks a God I am finally out of there!"

Thinking about pros, I have unfortunately nothing to say as there is only cons.
- this is not 4 star hotel at all
- room rate for double bed room is not bad
- curtains, carpets, bathroom, all was very dirty and not cleaned for years
- breakfast for 12 EUR (!!!) with very poor offer, e.g. they did not have vegetables for 3 days in a row
- staff is I think too young so not enough experienced (they also forget about tea I ordered during breakfast, ignored fact, that I do not speak german, etc.)
- mattress was horrible!!! I bet it has been used for at least 30 years as it was completely broken so my back hurts a lot

I do not recommend to use this hotel. If possible, look for something else. I will do the same in case I'll travel to Ruesselsheim again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Milan
Reviewed March 13, 2012

Ok the price was not bad, but a 4 star Hotel should be a four star Hotel. This is not a four star hotel full stop. Very old very tired - no satalite TV which should be a standard for a Mercure hotel. Really a disappointing experience. Let's forget about the restaurant.
In the good side - very silent room and parking just in front.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ruesselsheim
Best Western Amedia Frankfurt Ruesselsheim
Arona Hotel Atrium
Arona Hotel Atrium
#12 of 13 in Ruesselsheim
Best Western Amedia Frankfurt Airport

Been to Best Western Hotel Ruesselsheim Frankfurt-Airport? Share your experiences!