“Simple review”

Airport Hotel Kelsterbach
Airport Hotel Kelsterbach
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Kelsterbach
Reviewed December 19, 2012

So i stayed in this hotel for 1 night only ! I booked it online an did not research in enough ! I arrived in Frankfurt airport in afternoon ! So it was still daytime - easier to travel ! As i was 1st time in Germany , i was a bit confused . From map directions it seemed very close ( as i was planning to walk ) . But when i arrived i changed my mind took taxi . Bad choise ! As taxi driver kept driving around until i went mad . So for 2km distance i ended up paying 20 euro ! Arrived at hotel . Showed booking ( printed from e-mail ) . Fast paperwork -good . Then i asked if it would be possible to stay next day longer in room, because of my flight time next day in evening ( i asked it already by e-mail , i sent , but got no response .) . They said that can not - because they had some work in hotel ! So after upsetting taxi ride and conversation . I went to room ! Room was clean . i did not like that curtains in room are see-tru ( as windows were facing bed ) . Receptionist was helpful ( as i asked a lot of questions about directions ..) Over all hotel seemed too expensive for service provided ! Last thing . My check out time was at 12 AM . My flight was in late evening - so i decided to use all possible time in room and sleep . But at 9:40 someone was using vacuum cleaner just next door . And when that stopped , then tried to unlock my door . My key was in door so they could not open it from other side ! when i opened door she looked surprised that there is anyone still there ! After that i went back to sleep . When i checked out administrator mentioned that lady was waiting for room to be cleaned , what made me feel like i have been staying too long in room .

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank parrotfishjourney
There are newer reviews for Airport Hotel Kelsterbach

Reviewed October 28, 2012

I wanted to spend two nights in the Hotel in May for a business trip. As the trip was cancelled one week before the arrival I told them I couldn't come. They said everything would be fine, it was still within the cancelling time. A week later I saw that my credit card had been charged for the room! I called them and they promised to fix it but they never did. More calls and emails followed, they told me to wait. A month later they completely stopped to answer my emails! I finally got my money back after 6 month of calling and writing because I told them TWICE that I'd sue them. I've never seen such a bad service in my life!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Stefanie K
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I arrived into FRA too late to catch the last train for my onward trip so found this place. Call the hotel up to have them send their shuttle (10EUR). The room itself was clean, relatively modern - no complaints whatsoever. The shuttle driver woke up at 4:30AM to take me to the first train.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Recoleta
Reviewed October 18, 2011

Clean and welcoming hotel, 10 minutes by shuttle bus from Frankfurt Airport (FRA) and close to a good Italian restaurant. Ideal for a one-night stop-over before departing FRA or after arrival. Staff pleasant; breakfast is Euros 9.00 but well worth it. TIP: phone up for the shuttle or print out the directions to the hotel. It's a strangely long street and street numbers are confusing, plus the fact that taxi-drivers don't seem to know it.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed July 29, 2011

We booked our VW Campervan to caravan across Europe through DMR, which was right down the street from the hotel. If you are in need of a place to crash on last night before leaving the airport, this is a good option. We returned our van, walked up the street to the hotel. DMR called them and was able to get us a decent rate for the night. They had a shuttle to the airport the next morning. Not much else to say about place, was it was clean and comfortable for us. It was in walking distance (few blocks) to train station. We took a train into downtown Frankfort to explore around in our last night in Germany.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 27, 2011

I have booked one night in this hotel for a business partner, who was to arrive late in the evening and had a meeting in the airport next morning. The booking was guaranteed with a credit card, since I knew that the guest will arrive after 6pm. The hotel ignored the guaranteed booking and has just given the room booked to someone else, My partner has found himself after arrival without a room, the hotel staff has tried to convince him, it was his mistake, and the booking was not guaranteed, only after he has shown the booking, they agreed, they have made a mistake. What to do?! The hotel suggested the alternative, the other hotel. After driving the taxi for tthe next 20 minutes the guest has found the other hotel's door locked and noone on the reception. Another phone call, another hour of waiting, then at last check in after 3 hours (!).

Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank kobri
Reviewed January 3, 2011

We stayed here with 2 jet-lagged toddlers after a 13hr flight to get some rest before starting our big adventure in Europe. This hotel is 10mins from the airport, so not really an 'airport' hotel, and was almost empty and being renovated whilst we were there. The room was basic and clean, but the pink/red bedspread was hideous!

The shower-room was TINY (tiny half-bath in the base of the shower did the job for 2 toddlers though, and these were being renovated), and we were not offered a cot (even though one was requested) so had a king bed and a single for 4 people.

Service was okay, no offer of help to get all our stuff up 2 flights of stairs to our room, but didn't expect a lot from a suburban hotel. No aircon, but this is to be expected in European hotels and was no real problem for us. Apparently there was a restaurant in the hotel, but it didn't look like it was operating. There is an Italian restaurant just up the road, but we did not eat there.

We bought dinner and breakfast from the supermarket about 5mins walk away (there was a fridge in the room). There is a little park with some play equipment about 5mins walk up the street where we spent the afternoon getting some fresh air. There is also an internet cafe just across the road.

Overall is was an okay place for a sleep and for the price, but our hotel in central Frankfurt where we stayed for the next few nights was much nicer for a similar price.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kelsterbach
NH Frankfurt Airport
Mercure Hotel Frankfurt Airport
Comfort Hotel Frankfurt Airport West
Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center
Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport

Been to Airport Hotel Kelsterbach? Share your experiences!