“Overnight through Frankfurt Airport and need to rest? Perfect!”

NH Frankfurt Airport
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Kelsterbach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Kaiserslautern, Germany
“Overnight through Frankfurt Airport and need to rest? Perfect!”
Reviewed August 21, 2010

Like all NH Hotels I have stayed in, very clean. Room had modern furniture, nothing fancy. Small balcony with a table and chairs. Windows opened up for air. Didn't think the A/C was that great, but the open windows made it okay. Located in industrial area about 2 KM from the airport. Shuttle runs on time pretty well every 20 minutes until midnight and begins at 5 AM. Good kitchen, large restaurant for size and a small bar. Interestingly, a very nice beer garden surrounded by the rest of the building in an enclave. All staff spoke excellent English. They have large monitors in the lobby with up-to-date arrival and departure info on flights. Price of $ 130 per night not so bad and I think it included breakfast, but I had to leave too early. Took the free shuttle to the Airport the night before and a train to Frankfurt city. Browsed around town, took the train back and caught the hotel shuttle. This is not a destination hotel, but a great respite for overnight or a couple of nights. Very quiet area at night. Safe. Parking not a problem, but about $ 20 per night. When I have guests passing through Germany, it is here I would definately recommend.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Kaiserslautern, Germany
Reviewed August 4, 2010

Free shuttle is only five minutes away, It runs on time. Every twenty minutes, I timed it. Hotel knows people only come to eat, sleep and catch the next plane. They make it comfortable. Good kitchen. Nice Beer garden and bar. Food not over expensive and fairly simple. Like most NH Hotels, rooms are very clean, very simple. English always spoken. Don't expect to tour the local area, it's in an industrial park. Who cares? I took the free shuttle to the airport and took the train to see downtown Frankfurt. Took the shuttle back. Never a charge. Staff behaves as if you are staying a long time. That's good. They want you to come back and act like it. Flat screen LCD TV with English CNN and a free English variety channel. Very modern and kind of spartan rooms, but very organized. The NH chain in Germany has never disapointed me. I had to catch an early flight and they subtracted the breakfast charge--voluntarily. The clerk helped me search the flight on the lobby screen which shows all flights. This is not a destination hotel, but a very nice respite for single, group and family travelers. I saw them all there.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Stuttgart, Germany
Reviewed July 15, 2010

The NH is situated just 10 min from the airport with the airport shuttle service provided by the hotel. The rooms are nice and spacious and seining the close distance to the airport and nearby highway very quite as well. The breakfast they serve is very good, and the restaurant serves delicious meals. I think this is the perfect place to spend the night before leaving on an early plane for your holidays or when coming back. Definitely a place I will stay at again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Newport Beach, CA
Reviewed July 6, 2010

I had booked this room anticipating not connecting to a flight back to the US via FRA. I have stayed in hundreds of Eruopean Hotels over the years and thousands of US Hotels. I know the standard in European in no way compare with the US expectations.
Unfortunately we did NOT connect for our flight and headed to the NH Frankfurt Airport Hotel with reasonable expectations. They have the power saver that requires you to put your card key in the slot to turn on the electrical. It was a very hot day in FRA, probably about 90 degrees F, so I was not too alarmed to walk into an unpowered room and find the temperature at 5PM probably 95 degrees. I set the temperature control switch to full cold and the blower to full high (which caused a rumble all night). Took a cold shower. After an hour and no relief in the temperature I called the front desk to ask if the room was in fact air conditioned and if it was working. In a heavy accent she said "you must be patient as it takes time to work". We spent a near sleepless night and finally just got up early to catch the first bus back to the airport. The night clerk had his service uniform jacket completely unuttoned with just his underwear shirt showing and a fan on the desk blowing on him. I asked him what the story was with the A/C. He said he "no work right". I told him I felt that was totally unacceptable for a 4 star hotel and we had almost no sleep. His comment was, "You only have to sleep in it, I have to work"

This is a very austere plain hotel, VERY small room, and tiny bath. Very clean as is almost always the case with German Hotels. We did not venture to eat here as we grabbed something at the airport based on earliers reviews on hotel dining. I really can not imagine an airport hotel catering to an International clientele that either does NOT have A/C. One reviewer said he was told that they turn off the A/C at 10 PM irregardless of the temperature.

At No Price would this hotel be a place I would ever consider in the future. I am amazed to see that Priceline uses it and rates it as a 4 Star facility. Even if they had A/C it would at best meet US standard for a 2* facility. This rates as probably my worst hotel stay in history. Yes, I have stayed in Motel 6's and Days Inns a few times. All of them had on demand A/C.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lido1
Kona, Hawaii
Reviewed July 5, 2010

We got a great price by booking off the hotel's internet site. The free shuttle was nice on ran on schedule, the restaurant food above average and reasonably priced. Other pluses were the exercise room, steam bath and suana which the web site does not even mention. The room was large and had a safe (again not mentioned on the web site). A little noisy but not too bad. Would definitley stay there again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed June 28, 2010

I've been here a couple of times. The rooms are good, quite well furnished and spacious enough. The price is reasonable for an airport hotel. I didn't have a problem with the shuttle, it did come when I expected and everybody got on board. However, technically, it only goes to Terminal 1 but the driver did agree to take me to Terminal 2. Two other caveats: the air conditioning or lack thereof and it can be a challenge to find the hotel if you're navigating with only a map.

Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Texas
Reviewed June 22, 2010

My husband and I stayed here one night prior to our departure home. It was the closest hotel to the airport with shuttle service and much less expensive than staying at the hotel at the airport. Service was mixed - at check in the fellow was pleasant. Later that evening when I was in the lobby with a question about the wifi I was greeted by a rather surly young woman who seemed quite put out that I asked about the code (I was not provided with at check in). The room was basic. Nothing special. Breakfast was actually pretty decent and much more extensive than many European hotel breakfasts.

We were told the shuttle left every 20 minutes for the airport (not)... unfortunately there was no organization to the process. We waited outside for 15 minutes for the shuttle with some other folks and when the shuttle finally did arrive, other travelers who had not been waiting as long jumped ahead of us and got on the shuttle! As the shuttle left, another guest asked us if we wanted to share a taxi (which had just pulled up) and we said "yes"! and got to the airport in about 5 minutes. The amazing thing is that when we tried to pay the driver, he conveyed to us that he was paid by the hotel! I have no idea how that all worked out, but it certainly worked for us! We would probably stay here again because of the close proximity to the airport, but based on our experience and reading other reviews, it appears that this hotel may be a hit or miss experience.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kelsterbach
Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel
Steigenberger Airport Hotel
Steigenberger Airport Hotel
#26 of 269 in Frankfurt
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,043 reviews

Been to NH Frankfurt Airport? Share your experiences!