“Great airport hotel”

Ibis Frankfurt Airport
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Kelsterbach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Very efficient, clean hotel. Great shuttle to hotel. No complaints for return traveller. I've stayed here twice now and it is a good, clean, efficient German hotel. Just what you would expect in Frankfurt.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
ibisfairport, Manager at Ibis Frankfurt Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Dear Ibis Guest,

Many thanks for your 5star review on TripAdvisor.

I will share your comments with my team.

Thank you for your amazing feedback and I hope we will be able to welcome you back soon when travelling through Frankfurt.

With best regards
Catherine Sebai

Write a ReviewReviews (1,160)

Reviewed April 12, 2013

We stayed here because we wanted a hotel close to the airport. The staff was very friendly but the food at the restaurant was not good, the rooms were dirty, there was sand all over the floors, the bed was terrible, they only provided one towel for two of us. No wash cloths, just a big soap dispenser in the super tiny shower. Also, there are no ironing boards or irons in the room, if you want to iron clothes you need to go to the room where they keep other travelers bags. Then you stay in there by yourself. Therefore, if you want to you can go through everyones bags. The airport shuttle takes 40 minutes to get to the airport in the morning even though its only 4km away. Not a good value for the money, I would suggest that if you want to stay here don't pay more than about 45 euros per night.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere better.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Ibis Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to inform me about your experience at the hotel ibis Frankfurt Airport.
I am very sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences caused.

At ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.
Please rest assured that we took the appropriate measures to address the mentioned problems and to prevent future occurrences.

I hope you accept my apology and I am looking forward to welcome you again at our hotel to convince you of the usual quality of our services.

Sincerly,

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Parking is a hassle in this hotel. Would help if they would tell you not to pull into the hotel drive, but go directly to the lot across the street. Restaurant was good thankfully, as there are no others close by. A good place convenient to Frankfurt airport.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
ibisfairport, Manager at Ibis Frankfurt Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Dear halkaren,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis Frankfurt Airport.
I am sorry that not all your experiences did meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

In the last 4 weeks stayed with Ibis in London, Amsterdam and Frankfurt.
Love the hotel. Price is right. Locations are very close to airports. Shuttle bus comes on time. Reception people are very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank edseel50

Dear edseel50,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Frankfurt Airport. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

arriving very late at frankfurt airport and with early next morning connection only the ibis kelsterbach is an excellent budget option. the provided shuttlebus was on time, just about 20 minutes travelling time. nice big room.quiet location. too tired to use bar and restaurant, but it looks nice. winwows with good insulation, so no noise from outside.perfect for sleeping.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank ocarinhoso1
ibisfairport, Manager at Ibis Frankfurt Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Dear ocarinhoso1,

“Excellent budget option near airport...” Thanks a lot for your positive comments on Tripadvisor!
Great to see that you had a pleasant time at our hotel.

I truly hope we can welcome you back soon, to make the start or end of your next journey a most enjoyable one!
By the way...in June we will have finished our renovation and reception, lobby, bar and restaurant will surpise you with their new, modern look and great atmosphere!

Best regards,

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I only stay here one night but had a pleasant stay. I arrived way before normal checking time but was still able to check in. I had taken an early flight from London which meant and even earlier wake up! So it was nice to be able to get into the room as soon as possible and nap. The room was spotless and the beds super comfy! I napped like I was in the clouds.

Access to the hotel is free but if you land in Terminal 2 be sure to take the free inter-terminal bus to Terminal 1. The hotel shuttle departs from this Terminal only. And check the time table be fire you leave, they usually have a shuttle every half hour.

I had dinner in the restaurant which was reasonably priced and enjoyable.

The best thing about this hotel though is the very friendly and accommodating staff!!

• Stayed: March 2013
ibisfairport, Manager at Ibis Frankfurt Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear Ibis-Guest,

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Kind regards,

Reviewed March 14, 2013

First the good things ... Rooms are bigger than the normal IBIS rooms I stayed , Shuttle from FRA airport is very punctual, Breaksfast is good, staff is courteous and helpful, quality of internet speeds both paid and free is good. There restuarent have a very limited menu but the service and preparations are good . It is awhat IBIS is all about fits the bill..

.Now the flipsides ..... Aircon control in the room can be better, In room telephone instrument do not have the necessary nos you need to call, shower cubicle is too small even for an average sized person, breakfast area is not well looked after for replenishment of items,

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Ibis-Guest,

We thank you very much for having chosen the Ibis Frankfurt Airport for your stay and appreciate your positive comments.

It is a pleasure for me to share your feedback with my team.
I am sure that this will serve as an encouragement to all of the staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies that your experiences with air condition and telephone and in the breakfast restaurant did not meet your exprectations.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope to welcome you again at the Ibis Frankfurt Airport.

Catherine Sebai

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kelsterbach
NH Frankfurt Airport
MOXY Frankfurt Airport
MOXY Frankfurt Airport
#61 of 270 in Frankfurt
Steigenberger Airport Hotel Frankfurt

Been to Ibis Frankfurt Airport? Share your experiences!