Mercure Hotel Frankfurt Airport
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$98
NH Hotels
Hotel Taubengrund(Kelsterbach)
$79
  • Restaurant
Ibis Frankfurt Airport(Kelsterbach)(Great Value!)
$73
Tanne(Kelsterbach)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,158 results
All reviewsfrankfurt airportshuttle serviceone nighta free shuttle busindustrial areaan overnight stayindoor poollong flightshort staybooked this hotelrooms are nicemini barfree internettransitbathtubeuropeconnection
FilterAll languages
An Accor traveler
dallas, tx
Reviewed January 6, 2011

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 4, 2011

The shuttle was convenient and arrives at the Terminal 1 Hotel Shuttle stop every 1/2 hour for almost the entire day, at least what is important for arriving and departing flights. The shuttle is clearly marked as the Mercure/Ibis shuttle and drops you at the hotel stop, which is about 150 yards from the hotel's front door.

The hotel restaurant was also quite good. Especially for a sandwich and beer. But, they have many options.

We only stayed over the night before our flight out of FRA, but this was prefectly addressed by the Mercure.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 1, 2011

Like the other TA comments, we stayed at the Mercure for one night before departing to the airport. The hotel is your standard, midlevel airport hotel, functional, convenient and comfortable. We were pleasantly surprised by the friendly staff and good service. Our check in was fast and efficient and the receptionist was very helpful explaining the best way to go downtown and where to locate the Frankfurt Christmas market. We had drinks in the bar where the staff was very cheerful, friendly and provided great service. The main dining room was closed so we ate in the bar and the food was very good. Rooms were clean. They have a small gym and a well maintained swimming pool. A bountiful breakfast was provided with many choices for an expensive 18EU per person. Upon departure we used the hotels luggage carts to walk the short distance from the hotel to the shuttle departure area (a 2 minute walk). The hotel provides free parking for up to two weeks if you stay just one night, one of the main reasons we decided to book this hotel. Overall, for a “standard airport hotel” I would say that the staff made our stay very pleasant and I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 30, 2010

I stayed in the Mercure Hotel Frankfurt Airport for one night after my flight from Frankfurt airport was canceled. The hotel is nice with large, clean rooms, computers in the lobby, a restaurant and a lounge. The staff were friendly and I enjoyed my stay.

What was odd was that when I called the hotel directly, I was told there were no rooms available. However, when I booked through the Accor website, I had no problem getting a room.

The hotel is accessed by a hotel shuttle bus which runs about twice an hour between the airport and the hotel. The ride takes about ten minutes. I found the drivers to be a bit surely and on the return, the driver refused to get out to open the luggage compartment so that I could stow my bag. I had to lift it up the steps of the bus and leave it in the aisle. The drop off for the hotel is not in front of the hotel, but a few minutes walk away. This could be an problem for people with mobility issues, especially when there is snow on the ground. It was snowing when I arrived and the driveway was unplowed. I could either carry my wheeled luggage or could struggle to get it through the snow.

There is nothing around the hotel and although there is supposed to be a bus nearby, the hotel would probably not be a good option if you are not just going to the airport.

Overall, a nice hotel option if you want to overnight near the airport. However, people with mobility problems may be put off by the walk from the shuttle to the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 20, 2010

I stayed at this hotel whilst transitting through Frankfurt, during a time of a large number of flight cancellations. As a result the line up to check in was 40 to 50 minutes long, there was noone to help with luggage, and there was no easy way to get our heavy bags up the stairs to our room. Sleep quality was average - we booked a double room and there was only 1 quilt on the bed, with the other tucked away in a cupboard, which may have been easier to find if we hadn't just endured a very long and arduous flight from Australia.
We arose at 5.30am the next day to prepare for our onward flight to find that there was no hot water available for showers, so we had to brave the cold water.
We asked for a taxi to be booked for us at 6am the next morning, however on check out we found that a shared car had been booked, and that it could not fit our luggage in addition to the luggage of the other parties that had requested a taxi service.
The shuttle bus stops 100 to 150 metres from the hotel, once again difficult if you have a lot of luggage or if it has been snowing.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple