“Fantastic Italian restaurant ”
Review of Ponte Vecchio

Ponte Vecchio
Ranked #16 of 40 Restaurants in West Byfleet
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 25, 2017 via mobile

This is a lovely individual Italian, with such friendly staff. I have always had good experience with the food here. The staff are very accommodating and happy to explain the menu. This is such a good find and I love visiting here as much as I can.

2  Thank Tacha2507
Shahriar K, Manager at Ponte Vecchio, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2017

Thank you so much for your review and we hope you to have lots of good future experiences at our restaurant.

Reviewed September 6, 2017

We havent been for a while so after seeing the good reviews decided to treat ourselves....we had cozze as a starter delicious fresh mussells in tomato garlic sauce followed with our main chefs special grilled salmon steak,king prawns and spaghetti arrabiatta/crab sauce.........this was accomponied with lovely chilled bottle of Gavi di Gavi wine....the service was excellent and the bill was just around 65 pounds only...they also given us two limeonchello which was so refreshing we would definetely go back with our friends to try more dishes... loving it

4  Thank fatpig65
Shahriar K, Manager at Ponte Vecchio, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2017

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 29, 2017 via mobile

This is not a good Italian restaurant.The food is not well prepared or presented and the deserts are disappointing.I think it's a good place for a drink with friends though but not for people who like good food.

Shahriar K, Manager at Ponte Vecchio, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2018

You don't understand Italian food

Reviewed August 19, 2017 via mobile

My partner and I came here with real hope for some tasty Italian cuisine. However, I don't think I've ever been so disappointed with a meal out. My partner had bruschetta which was soaked in olive oil and was just a right mess to look at. My starter came with half a baguette that you can buy in a supermarket frozen and warm up in the oven -tasted so cheap. Surely it doesn't take much to have a nice basket of fresh bread or at least quality bought bread?! Our mains were another story. I had fettuccine which was most certainly not fresh and from a packet. The olives and artichokes in my sauce were definitely from a jar of antipasti in oil/brine that again you get in a supermarket- no flavour whatsoever. I can't understand how for the main ingredients of a dish you would use them from in brine/oil. The marina sauce was watery and tasteless. My partner had spaghetti with seafood in which the mussels were rubbery and 'tangy' which was worrying. The sauce again tasteless.
Nothing I saw/ate was fresh or real homemade produce and my partner and I both agreed you get much tastier food in any chain Italian restaurants. If you have tastebuds and enjoy fresh food then really don't bother.

2  Thank Jammie123
Shahriar K, Front Office Manager at Ponte Vecchio, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2018

We use extra virgin olive oil maybe you are use to junk

Reviewed August 8, 2017 via mobile

My short business trip to the area was anything but fruitful! I dined at this restaurant by the advice of hotel receptionist and that's how the trip ended on a good note.
Served by the friendly young waitress I had Calamari to start and Risotto Veneziano as main and Tiramisu to finish this lovely culinary experience.

4  Thank Anita B