“Not great”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 29, 2017 via mobile

This is not a good Italian restaurant.The food is not well prepared or presented and the deserts are disappointing.I think it's a good place for a drink with friends though but not for people who like good food.

Shahriar K, Manager at Ponte Vecchio, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2018

You don't understand Italian food

Reviewed August 19, 2017 via mobile

My partner and I came here with real hope for some tasty Italian cuisine. However, I don't think I've ever been so disappointed with a meal out. My partner had bruschetta which was soaked in olive oil and was just a right mess to look at. My starter came with half a baguette that you can buy in a supermarket frozen and warm up in the oven -tasted so cheap. Surely it doesn't take much to have a nice basket of fresh bread or at least quality bought bread?! Our mains were another story. I had fettuccine which was most certainly not fresh and from a packet. The olives and artichokes in my sauce were definitely from a jar of antipasti in oil/brine that again you get in a supermarket- no flavour whatsoever. I can't understand how for the main ingredients of a dish you would use them from in brine/oil. The marina sauce was watery and tasteless. My partner had spaghetti with seafood in which the mussels were rubbery and 'tangy' which was worrying. The sauce again tasteless.
Nothing I saw/ate was fresh or real homemade produce and my partner and I both agreed you get much tastier food in any chain Italian restaurants. If you have tastebuds and enjoy fresh food then really don't bother.

2  Thank Jammie123
Shahriar K, Front Office Manager at Ponte Vecchio, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2018

We use extra virgin olive oil maybe you are use to junk

Reviewed August 8, 2017 via mobile

My short business trip to the area was anything but fruitful! I dined at this restaurant by the advice of hotel receptionist and that's how the trip ended on a good note.
Served by the friendly young waitress I had Calamari to start and Risotto Veneziano as main and Tiramisu to finish this lovely culinary experience.

4  Thank Anita B
Reviewed August 5, 2017

We have been to this place many times and the owners have gotten comfortable with our service. i went there last week and ordered their special - pasta in tomato sauce with chorizo, squid and prawns. when they brought it out i did question what it was and they said "its [insert dish name] - basically pasta and prawns so there you go"... not really acceptable!!!!!!

Shahriar K, Owner at Ponte Vecchio, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2017

Thank you for your review. I don't quite get what you mean as I don't remember giving this kind of service in that past 20 years of owning this restaurant so I strongly suggest and appreciate that you call on any Monday and resolve this issue. Kind regards

Reviewed August 4, 2017

Both our food and drinks orders they got wrong. Then, my pizza had seemingly been baked in a frying pan - it had a fried bread-style oily base to it - pretty rank. My wife's carbonara was like a plate of unseasoned cream with soggy durum wheat, and all dishes were extremely salty. Ponte Vecchio appears to share no similarities with its Florentine namesake. Shame.

3  Thank edson