Gastehaus Gregory
Explorer Hotel Berchtesgaden(Schoenau am Koenigssee)
$108
Hotel Konigsseer Hof(Schoenau am Koenigssee)
$122
$119
Stoll's Hotel Alpina(Schoenau am Koenigssee)
$121
Baerenstueberl(Schoenau am Koenigssee)
$132
Hotels.com
Hotel Schiffmeister(Schoenau am Koenigssee)
$152
  • Free Internet
Hotel Koenigssee(Schoenau am Koenigssee)
$150
$146
  • Restaurant
Landhaus Sonnenstern(Schoenau am Koenigssee)
$129
Pension Berganemone(Schoenau am Koenigssee)
Priceline
Tourist Hotel Boehm(Schoenau am Koenigssee)
TripAdvisor
Stoll's Sporthotel(Schoenau am Koenigssee)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthe ownertravel planslocation is greatnice viewfree parkingchristianeurofridgewifipensionbargainbeergermany
Reviewed July 18, 2012

The house is in a perfect location, calm, quiet, close to Königsee. Rooms are spacious with simple bathrooms, beds are comfortable. The property is very clean, well managed and has a nice atmosphere thanks to the friendly owner family, though . Breakfast is great, a good start of the day.
You can buy local drinks at reasonable price, then sit out in the garden and enjoy the nice view on the hills.
I would go back!
Very pleasant surprise for a "pension"!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 27, 2012

The Gregory Gastehaus is a nice place if you don't expect a 4 or 5 stars hotel's service and convenience. I selected this place because they're very dog-friendly (even of you have a big dog) and price-quality ratio is a fair one. Rooms are very simple but clear and a landlord is very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is not really good (I was quite disappointed) but you could not expect much from an inn. It is a dog-friendly place with a good price-quality ratio but not a hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 26, 2011

When I made the reservations...I had reservations. For the price, what could I expect right? I had no idea the the views were going to be that awesome. The rooms were clean, bathrooms were good, the breakfast was great. Christian is was takes this guesthouse from average to very good. He made sure everything was taken care of, was very attentive to our needs, and even made sure my wife (who was suffering an allergic reaction to red wine) had everything she needed to be comfortable during her stay. Again, our dog was allowed, and she even had a good time visiting (chocolate lab).

Apart from the stay, the view was breathtaking. We took a few wonderful hikes through the area, and always came back with hundreds of photos. This is a great place to stay as you embark on seeing all this area has to offer. You can not find a better deal and a nicer place to stay for the dollar.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 18, 2011

My wife and I have traveled quite a bit through Europe, and this has been one of the best places we have stayed. It is no 5 star hotel, but you shouldn't expect that for the price. It is very nice, clean, and has a better than average continental breakfast in the mornings. The best thing about the place though is the host Christian. It was like having our own personal tour guide for the area. We rented a car in Geneva, Switzerland and traveled to France, Italy, Austria, and Switzerland as well as our stay in Burchtesgaden. We are fairly savvy european travelers, but he was able to give us advice on the best way to do certain things in the area. On this trip, there are places that we would and would not stay again. However, Gastehaus Gregory in Burchtesgaden is DEFINITELY a place that I would stay again. The location is ideal as it is close to town, but not right in town. If you utilize the local bus system, there is a bus that takes you to a short walk from the Pension. If you feel like a walk and are in decent shape, then you can walk to/from the Pension in less than 30 minutes. We did it several times.

I can't say enough good things about this place. We found it to be very quiet, and ideal for our family of 4, even though we had to stay in 2 separate rooms. Excellent place.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank jason7110
Reviewed August 24, 2011

The Gregory Gastehaus is an example of a fair price/quality relationship, so you should not expect a 3 or 4-star hotel for about 30 EUR per day for a single room. The landlord is a friendly person and breakfasts are fairly decent. That being said, prepare for late evening sounds from every corner of the house as, from what I saw, many people stay there for very short periods and there is a constant flow of newcomers with their luggage when you might be about to fall asleep after the whole day of walking in the mountains. Walls seemed to me very thin and the last night loud conversations under the roof behind the house could be clearly heard in the rooms with a view on that side.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo