“LUXURY ON A BUDGET”

NH Munchen Unterhaching
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Unterhaching
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed January 15, 2011

Booked cheap flights Ryanair Edinburgh to Munich at £12 return to Memmingen airport(approx 100km from Munich). I used a prepaid mastercard and saved £5 per person each way booking fees. Paid £25 for a regional Bahn card which allows up to 5 people unlimited travel on the transport network anywhere in Bavaria including Salzburg, Austria. I bought this over the internet prior to leaving. Also, when staying in Munich you can get an all day unlimited transport ticket for trams, S-Bahn train and underground for £7.50 for up to 5 people. The train brought us into Munich Central Station and the local S-Bahn train took approx 20 minutes to Unterhaching. The hotel is approximately 5 minutes walk from the station. The hotel is a typical german good quality clean hotel. The rooms in the hotels are all suites and very spacious with a small kitchen, with a microwave, sink and fridge and breakfast bar and a large livingroom. The bedroom had a queen size bed with adjoining cloakroom and large bathroom. There are two televisions also. We paid £37 per couple per night on lastminute secret location hotel rooms. Amazing value for luxury. It would probably cost about £150+ in the UK for similar. I assume the hotel is mainly used by businessmen hence the kitchen facilities. The area is very quiet, so you get a good nights sleep. There is Aldi and LIdl in the next street. I bought a six pack of Gold beer for only £1.50. Similar beer in Lidl (Perlbacher Pils) in UK is £5.99. Unterhaching is a lovely commuter town, very upmarket with a number of lovely restaurants and small shops. A lot of the houses are Bavarian style with balconies. I strongly recommend this hotel. Although 20 mins from Munich central station, if you stayed in a hotel in Munich, it would probably take this time to walk to your hotel or travel on the underground as Munich is a huge city. I recommend C&A (remember them) in the main Marianplatz shopping centre. The clothes are very high quality at budget prices. I bought a wool winter jacket for £50. I saw a similar jacket in marks and Spencer in Edinburgh for £130, which was not as good quality. To summarise. The two day break cost £50 per person including flights, price. Munich is a lovely clean city. Prices for meals were cheaper than UK (12inch pizza 4.95 euros special in restaurant). The christmas market was excellent. I have attached my own photos of the suite as the ones in the website do not do the hotel justice.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank Bargainman081
There are newer reviews for NH Munchen Unterhaching

Reviewed August 20, 2010

Our family of 5 stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in August when we visited Munich. I would agree with most of the other posters that the hotel is clean and roomy, but the personnel that work at the hotel are neither friendly nor helpful. We had two rooms on opposite sides of the hall; one had A/C and the other not. When my husband went down to the front desk to inquire about this, the clerk basically laughed at him. They did not change our room. It was not extremely hot so we made do. But, being from the United States, we are used to sleeping with the A/C. I really liked the residential neighborhood the hotel was located in I did not find that taking the public transportation was time consuming. Overall, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2010

Pros: Huge rooms. Roomy, clean, fairly updated rooms. Large kitchenettes. Close to neighborhood grocery stores and bakery. 5 minute walking distance to U-Bahn. Away from the hustle and bustle.
Cons: No air-conditioning in the hot summer. Both day and night front desk staff extremely rude rude rude and unhelpful to guests. Inconvenient and farther than anticipated to downtown Munich. Would stay closer to Munich next time. Breakfast was 12 to 17 EUR per person, and not worth the money.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 19, 2010

Overall, the hotel satisfies. The rooms had all of the key amenities needed, and the hotel staff answered all questions/requests promptly.

Additional Detail...
I stayed in two different rooms (two separate trips in June). Both rooms were clean with starched sheets and basic toiletries. Both rooms also had a kitchenette, which I found quite useful given the length of both trips. My only complaint about both rooms was the couch - a rather uncomfortable, shallow couch that didn't seem anyone could relax in.

The staff and rest of the hotel met my satisfaction. The staff promptly delivered room service and other requests (ironing board) as soon as called and did assist me with taxis and restaurant recommendations. One thing to note - the hotel's kitchen (when I was visiting) is not fully in operation (due to a renovation, I believe), so the only room service they had was pizza. Being in Munich, I only ordered this pizza once and preferred to venture into town to try true Bavarian food.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 15, 2010

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights from 10th to 13th June. I have to say, I'm not one of those who would pick and find any fault I can with a room just to complain. So, to me, this room was excellent and much much bigger than I had expected. There was 1 queen bed in a separate room. A living room with a little kitchen area and obviously a bathroom. All of which were very clean and spacious. Rooms were cleaned daily although I noticed the towels weren't actually changed daily.
The hotel was literally two minutes walk away from the station. I must say though, we did struggle to find this hotel at first but if you just come down the stairs from the station, walk under the bridge, up the stairs, past the supermarkets and follow the road round left you will see it straight away! Plus there is a map on the wall at the station so take the hotel address with you.

I can't think of anything bad to say about this. Maybe the bar is fairly often "un-manned" .. so you do have to wait sometimes. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank Dawn O
Reviewed June 13, 2010

Unacceptable service for 4*
I booked (through Hotelclub.com) a double room for 3 nights, 9–12.06.2010, but the room was equipped for 1 person - queen bed, 1 pillow&blanket etc. We complained, they gave us 2nd pillow-blanket but no additional glass etc
Although the price was inflated (due to a Trade fair), they gave us room nr. 123 with a GLASS WALL on the ROAD LEVEL, on hotel entrance side. Everybody on the road, the bicyclists at 1-meter distance from the GLASS WALL and hotel visitors could see us as in a SHOP’s VITRINE (showcase). Only the top part of the windows opens.
We requested another room, only the 2nd night they gave us room 212 on the 1st floor – q. bed, 2 pillows-blankets, but no additional glass etc for 2nd person. No balcony, one window can be fully opened.
No slippers in the rooms, unless you request. The cleaning lady enters in the morning without knocking, we had to use “Don’t disturb” sign.
€ 311 without breakfast. Breakfast and Internet prices are unreasonably high; we decided not to pay for them.
Nelly T.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 8, 2010

very spacious and valuable, all rooms have lounge and bedroom and a supersize bath, nice and quiet, close to the tramstation (max. 5min walk), kingsize bed with single mattress - very comfy!!, tv in lounge and bedroom, coffee and tea making facilities.... I wish every hotel would be like that.

Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank eiselfe
Also consider these accommodations in or near Unterhaching
Holiday Inn Muenchen Unterhaching
#6 of 7 in Unterhaching
Hotel Schrenkhof
Hotel Schrenkhof
#3 of 7 in Unterhaching

Been to NH Munchen Unterhaching? Share your experiences!