For my last business trip, I stayed in this hotel for a period of 2 months. I have compiled a list of things which I like and things to take note for this hotel. I hope this will be helpful for Trip Advisor readers who are planning to visit Munich.
Things I like about the hotel
1. Value for money - for the price, this hotel is definitely a good bang on your money.
2. Location - It is located 2 minutes away from the train station. On the way back, you will walk pass a supermarket and a provision shop. It is 20 minutes train ride away from the city.
3. Accommodation - The room looks like a mini suite. It has a common area with a couch set, big coffee table, a bar area and a work desk. A sliding door will open up to your nice cozy bedroom, a walk in wardrobe and your bathroom. The bathroom has another door which is accessible from the common area.
4. Reception - 24 hours reception and the staff are all very friendly.
Things to take note
1. If possible, request for rooms on the upper floor. The rooms on the 1st floor have full glass windows like those on the upper floors. The problem is that there are pavements located right outside of the windows so you have to keep the curtains closed all the time to prevent people from looking into the room (especially your bedroom).
2. Internet in the lobby are free for 30 minutes everyday
3. All the pillows available in the hotel are the soft kind. Get more pillows from the reception if you are used to sleeping on big fluffy pillows.
4. The fitness room has 1 cross trainer, 1 spinning bike and 1 treadmill. To use the treadmill, a safety deposit of 80 Euros must be paid to the reception to obtain the safety magnet needed to operate the treadmill. No deposit is needed to use the cross trainer and the spinning bike.
1. If you're not in the mood to eat outside during your stay, give the reception a call to order some pizzas. They are affordable and pretty good for hotel food.
2. The staffs are really nice and personal. One of the staffs were even were able to recommend me some food from the hotel that I will like.
3. There's this small Asian restaurant near the train station. Head over there to take a menu from them on the first day of your stay. You can call them to place and order and have them delivered to your hotel at no extra charge.
4. Fancy some traditional Bavarian food? Then head over towards the direction of Unterhaching Rathaus for some delicious and affordable German food at a restaurant called Althaching. This place is highly recommended.
Unterhaching is not Munich thus the prices are cheaper. The hotel is spacious and clean. A definite steal for accommodation of that budget range. Try not to miss the last train (around 1:55am in the city) back because the cab ride from the city back to the hotel would cost you 25 Euros. I would recommend this place for people who are visiting Munich for sightseeing, in search for a relaxing time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The four-star NH München Unterhaching hotel is ideally located in Unterhaching, just fifteen minutes outside the city center of Munich. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with NHHotels, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your NH Munchen Unterhaching reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nh Munchen Unterhaching Hotel Unterhaching
- Nh Hotels Unterhaching
- Nh Hotel Unterhaching