“Very relaxing stay”

Arabella Brauneck Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Lenggries
Reviewed April 24, 2012

I was here for a week in April for a business meeting and had a very relaxing and stress free stay. I arrived late in the evening and with no taxi's at the training station I pulled a heavy suitcase and a laptop bag around 700 meters to the hotel.

I was greated with a very welcoming smile from the front desk staff which made up for the pain of getting there. Room was verry comfy, everything was pine which is ok but the bed was perfect!

I loved the fact I could trade a room cleaning for a beer in the bar to be "green", which I did. Also breakfast was good and I ate two of my 4 nights in the hotel and had great food!

On my first morning I woke up and looked out the window and greeted by a stunning view of snow capped mountains and instantly relaxed. The location is beautiful and I will return but this time with my family and ski's!

I was giving a pressentation in the business suites on site and the staff could not be more helpfull with setting up the room and helping with any equipment I do not have with me.

I really enjoyed my stay here, the best location I have been in 2 years!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Ralf M, Manager at Arabella Brauneck Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2012

Dear Kriss,

we were pleased to welcome you at the Arabella Brauneck Hotel and also want to thank you for your positive estimation. We gladly forwarded your commendation to our department head.

We hope to accommodate you in Lenggries again.

Best regards

Reviewed December 28, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel several times and the service is always spot on. While no longer part of Starwood (was a Four Points) it still provides good value and service. Breakfast is good and included in paid rate. At 17 euros if paid for separately it is overpriced. Restaurant I believe is pricey but convenient. If you want a large bar for visiting and meeting others this is not the place, it is very small. Bad Tolz is a short drive away for more eating and shopping choices.

Room Tip: Market across from hotel has a nice deli. More free parking is scross from the hotel as well, paid...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Ralf M, Manager at Arabella Brauneck Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2012

Dear guest,

thank you very much for staying at the Arabella Brauneck Hotel. We were pleased to welcome you in Lenggries and also want to thank you for your positive evaluation.

We hope to welcome you in Lenggries again and send you

Reviewed December 26, 2011

We revisited this hotel after 3 - 4 years. A charming property in Bavaria, welcoming, friendly, quiet and clean! A great property to spend a weekend get away from the City! Breakfast spread included with the room price was not just plenty but also good. This little town also offers some Restaurants within walking distance
from the Hotel.
Car a must to get to the Hotel and to explore the surrounding area.

Room Tip: Request for rooms upfront for a better view. Check the web site for photographs.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear guest,

we were pleased to welcome you at the Arabella Brauneck Hotel and also want to thank you for your positive evaluation.
We gladly forwarded your commendation to our department head.

We hope to accommodate you in Lenggries again and send you

Reviewed October 21, 2011

We've stayed at the Four Points Brauneck now on multiple occasions, always on points. The rooms are standard for the area and clean. There are a couple of issues we've had which lower my estimation of the hotel: if you are staying on points, regardless of status, you have to pay an exorbitant E16 for breakfast. I've had a lots of breakfast buffets in Germany, and this is not the best one out there. Given that it is basically included in EVERY room rate, it seems cheap for them to not even include this as a status perk. Certainly makes it seem as though they do not value their Starwood affiliation or want my business when I would be paying for it. Likewise, you have to pay for the garage - so make sure to find all the spots and the other surface lot around the block from the hotel that is also theirs - which they won't tell you about, rather wishing you to think that they only have the parking in the small lot near the front door and then tell you to go to the garage so they can charge you. Also - there is a E1/person/day "resort fee" that they won't tell you about until you check out - just be aware, this will be charged whether you stay with points or not! So, it seems basically like they much prefer to nickel and dime rather than build goodwill and a loyal customer base.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Ralf M, Manager at Arabella Brauneck Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2011

Dear Guest,

we were pleased to welcome you at the Four Points by Sheraton Brauneck and also want to thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback.
We apologize that you were not very content during your stay and also forwarded your comments to our department head.
Thank you for taking your time and we hope to accommodate you again and send you

Reviewed October 17, 2011

This isn't the most modern or flashy place I've ever stayed in, but it's clean, quiet, welcoming, and well-priced. Furniture is rustic as one might expect for a mountain hotel, but it's solid and comfortable. Unlike many Starwood hotels, this place doesn't try to rip you off with all of the extras. Internet was included (and worked quite well), as was all of the minibar's contents. The included breakfast was also bountiful and generous (even some champagne), which really made me feel as if I got my money's worth. There's even a nice spa with saunas--not as fancy as the Sheraton in Spitzingsee, but at a fraction of the cost. As a recent poster pointed out, the dinner buffet wasn't exactly gourmet cooking, but, again, reasonably-priced. I could nit-pick the tiny, cheap, old-style TV's, but the truth of the matter was that I enjoyed our brief stay here. If you're going to or from Garmisch-Partenkirchen, there's a private toll road that passes by some pretty scenery including a covered bridge by a waterfall, which may be worth the 3 Euros or so it cost us (I don't remember the exact price).

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lebelgo
Ralf M, Manager at Arabella Brauneck Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2011

Dear guest,

thank you for staying at the Four Points by Sheraton Brauneck and we were pleased to welcome you in Lenggries.
We are happy that you felt comfortable during your stay and we gladly forwarded your commendation to our department head.

We hope to accommodate you in Lenggries again and send you

Reviewed September 28, 2011

My husband and I recently flew to Munich, spent a few days in Munich and then headed out in a rental car to the Romantique Strabe (take the highway out of Munich to Landsberg on Lech, pick up the Romantique Strabe there). We drove to Fussen, saw Ludwig's Castle Neuschwanstein, then drove to Lenggries to spend the night before continuing onto Salzburg the next day. We were delighted by the Romantique Strabe and by Lennggries. A cute little country town (hamlet if you may). We stayed at this hotel and it was lovely. The hotel is quite basic but sooo charming. I could see staying here if I were skiing in the winter which I am sure many people do. Basic, simple, clean room...very spacious. Nice bathroom. Windows open up to a fresh alpine breeze. Breakfast is included and is fantastic. A huge buffet, champagne included. Very, very nice. Thank you for such a nice stay!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank parisparis5
Ralf M, Manager at Arabella Brauneck Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2011

Dear guest,

we were pleased to welcome you at the Four Points by Sheraton Brauneck and also want to thank you for your positive evaluation.
We gladly forwarded your commendation to our department head and we hope to accommodate you in Lenggries again and send you

Reviewed September 22, 2011

We booked online with SPG for this hotel which offered half board. There is a basic assumption with half board that food is going to be available as part of the deal. When we went to the restaurant it was clear that the buffet, even if supplied with food, was going to be poor, so we asked if we could forget about the hapf board and order from the menu. Sorry, no, we were told, buffet or nothing. Buffet and nothing as it happened were close to the same thing. There were two main courses, cod and chicken provencal. I know this because they were helpfully listed in the chalk boards above. However the dishes beneath were bereft of any protein. At one point I observed a couple of chicken wings being tossed into the chicken provencal trough which confirmed the meat intended. At another point in time a few small pieces of cod-like fish was placed in the other tray, quickly devoured by the loitering ravenous horde.
I repaired then, without much nourishment, to my room. It was a reasonable room, redolent of the 80's when TVs in hotels were 14" and CRT. Many, if not all, of the lights in the room were functioning. This room was on the SPG preferred guest floor. God help the rest of the poor plebs.
Unusually there was no form in my room requesting my opinion of my stay. I wonder why...

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Ralf M, Manager at Arabella Brauneck Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2011

Dear guest,

thank you very much for staying at the Four Points by Sheraton Brauneck.
We apologize for the disappointment and we would be happy to get in touch with you to clarify in detail your experience.

Please get in contact with us under Phone:+49 (0) 8042-50 20 or send us an E-Mail to braunecklenggries@fourpoints.com

Thank you in advance and we are looking forward to hear from you.

Ralf M.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenggries
Hotel Jager von Fall
#8 of 19 in Bad Toelz
Hotel Bachmair Weissach
Hotel Bachmair Weissach
#1 of 12 in Rottach-Egern

Been to Arabella Brauneck Hotel? Share your experiences!