“Great location super food and drink”
Review of Hinterhoefle

Hinterhoefle
Ranked #2 of 35 Restaurants in Volkach
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 24, 2017 via mobile

Visiting friends in Schweinfurt and wanted to try a new town for dinner! Loved this quaint small winery town - dinner here and needed no reservations. Enjoyed salads, wine and beer. Staff was helpful, ambiance excellent - would for sure go back! Heated outdoor garden so cool!

1  Thank squish68

Reviewed August 12, 2017

The overall impression I had is that this place is in it for the money:
- The restaurant really packs the punters in. The tables are very close together.
- The menus are printed in a very corporate way. It tells you you can swap certain side dishes but that an additional charge may be levied. And if you do ask for a different side, you might have to wait for longer to be served than others. And if they are really busy, they might not even let you. -> I don't like it when a menu reads like a rule book.
Service was not good - they asked us if we'd like a drink before our meal (we did) but my partner's first course arrived before the drink. And my first course never got served at all.
The food itself was fine – I had a fish (Saibling) which was very tasty.
But the overall experience there was not a good one, sad to say.

Reviewed July 5, 2017

I visited Volkach with family and friends and stopped at Hinterhoefle for dinner. The town was very busy with a lot of people enjoying the pleasant weather. I had a salad that was very large and well seasoned and have some beer. Others in my party had typical entrees. Quality of food and service were good. A little more expensive than other restaurants in small towns around Bavaria, but it worth.

1  Thank ANDRETS1966
Reviewed January 9, 2017

Visited in the late afternoon with a friend of mine. We had soups and shared an appetizer platter. Excellent quality of food and fast service. Nice wine selection, too. Affordable, though not cheap.

Reviewed January 3, 2017 via mobile

Great local restaurant serving regional specials and very good selected local wines
Quality of food and service is great