All reviews nice atmosphere modern hotel clean rooms distance level tv town restaurant
Reviewed August 7, 2017

Modern hotel all on one level, so no lifts or stairs to worry about! Plenty of parking, and good clean rooms of a good size (we had superior rooms). Breakfast was buffet style, and included cooked bacon, sausages, etc. Staff were helpful and courteous, despite my inability to speak any German! Free wifi always a bonus.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed June 23, 2017

A well located hotel in Iserlohn, on one level. Lovely and clean with well appointed rooms. Our room was on the bank/tree lined side and as a result was on the dark side, as was the outside terrace. Great service and breakfast, polite and helpful staff.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 2, 2017 via mobile

I did not stay at this hotel, only dined in the restaurant, but I am very impressed with the quality and presentation of the food. I sat outside in lovely summer weather one day at lunch and enjoyed a delicious salad topped with 3 varieties of cooked fish.. That night I dined with friends in a large party outside under an umbrella pavilion. We sat for 3 hours enjoying wine, antipasti, and dinner even during a thunderstorm. It rained all around us, but we were sheltered by our umbrella.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed April 11, 2017

The hotel delivers functional excellence.
If you want views and ambience this is not ideal but if you want a good nights sleep and good food this is the place to book.
The restaurant is pricey but the food was to a good standard. The rooms were comfortable, quiet and had a great shower with clean facilities. Breakfast was good with a great self service coffee machine.
They have a nice patio out back with a small pond. We were lucky and were able to have a couple of beers outside in the evening in April!
I'd certainly be happy to return.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed April 10, 2017

With a motel type appearance, the gawdy interior does nothing to soothe a weary traveler's eyes. The extra large corridors, high ceilings and institutional look remind me of those stays in the FSU, not comfortable. The dining experience was bizarre with big empty tables, as though the place must be heaving every night with guests. The steak dinner was well prepared I must admit, but the flies around the breakfast buffet the next morning confirmed my suspicion that this was not a really well managed place. Coffee was worst I have ever tasted (from the machine on the buffet) and I am a huge coffee person. The room was weirdly huge, an uncomfortable bed, a micro shower, and no internet in fact NONE in entire hotel. Tv channels choice is German, or if you dont care for that, German. I brought the lack of internet to the attention of a rather dull front desk clerk to who muttered that she "was hoping someone would come and fix it...". it is 2017, almost everyone I know relies on the internet to do their work, email, trade shares, banking, etc.... I think the owner of this hotel needs to come on out of the 80s.... could not check out fast enough....

Room tip: stay away if you prefer atmosphere, character, warm appeal, great coffee and a good night rest!
Date of stay: April 2017