“Great hotel and I hope to be back!”
Review of Hotel Waldeck

Hotel Waldeck
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Feldberg
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I stayed a weekend in this hotel recently and felt I had to write a review. My room was spotlessly clean and very comfortable. The food in the restaurant was very high quality, I found any staff memeber I encountered to be really helpful and genuinely very friendly. What was really an added bonus for me was that they picked me up and dropped me off at the train station at the very times I needed. They really made my weekend and you just got the feeling that nothing was too much trouble for them.
The location is just perfect too for the village and skiing. Its a really well run establishment, I couldn't have asked for any more.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I can just commend this hotel for everybody who intend to have rest in a fantastic hotel. The food was diversified,abudant and delicious. The room was clean and quite. The staff was very kind,helpfull in a way what we could not experinced in another hotel.Definitely would turn back to this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Milan M
Reviewed July 31, 2012

The food was fantastic at both breakfast and evening meal. We ate there on three nights because it was so good. Room was very comfortable. Hotel was nicely placed for access to railway station and Southern Black Forest. Parking was on the road outside but plenty of availability and experienced no problems. Service was friendly and allowed us to try out our German.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lynne_and_Andy
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I would like to recommend this hotel to all, but specially for those who are vegetarians. The food is of an exceptional quality without too much use of cheese or eggs. The breakfast is ample and very fresh. They also cater for children and there are swings etc for the younger children.

The hotel is very comfortable and is run by very friendly people with great efficiency. It is also eco-friendly and uses a some of the produce sourced locally. It's Wild Garlic soup is to die for. The hotel is in a central position to visit the lakes and Rhinefalls are also very accessible. There are many hiking and cycling trails and a little lake about a kilometer away. It is very peaceful sitting at the end of the day.

Anybody travelling to that part, ought to consider this hotel for its comfort, food, friendly staff and a very reasonable price.

Room Tip: Try to stay for more than 2 nights as lots to do and you get a travel activity card that allows free...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank spiritedsoul
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Difficult hotel to find but rooms, food, and breakfast very good. Hotel is clean and efficient.
Tourist card for travel and entrance to attractions (free) is a great idea and the trains are excellent / on time for local travel. Didn't need the car during our stay and it was a pleasant walk to local station.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank JOHNROBERT11
Reviewed November 1, 2011

We stayed here for 4 days. The hotel room was nice, it had a small balcony for us to relax on, a comfortable bed, a good shower and internet in the room. What really stood out for us though was the restaurant. They provide breakfast here which is wonderful. Cereal, breads, eggs and fruit all available. We ended up having dinner there on two nights, the food was simple stunning. Its quiet and very pretty, the service was lovely with all staff trying to use as much English as they could - definitely enough for us to understand as we didnt speak any german. Our dinners ended up being three course meals as we simply wanted to try as much on the menu as we could. It really was outstanding. Thank you to everyone here for such a lovely stay! We will be back :)

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kimmy_102
Reviewed July 21, 2009

At Waldeck, you get perfect service, and will even get picked up at the railway station if you arrive by train. The rooms and bedsheets are clean, and the bathrooms tiled and seems newly renovated. The breakfast buffet has a lot to choose from. It is located by the main street in a small village with the Schwarzwald forest just outside your private balcony. The price is a bargain for the good service, breakfast and location, and I will definitely go back if I go there again! My room did not have a safe, which would be the only remark, but that would be an easy thing to fix :-)

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Feldberg
Hotel Diana
Vier Jahreszeiten am Schluchsee
Wellnesshotel Auerhahn
Wellnesshotel Auerhahn
#3 of 12 in Schluchsee

Been to Hotel Waldeck? Share your experiences!