Hotel Henry
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Arooma(Erding)
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
All reviewsstayed heremotorcycle tourmunich airportdifferent countriesmain buildingsmall balconyshort walkthe hotel staffexcellent breakfastgood sizewould stay here againclose to the airportsuitetermecarpetsauna
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 12, 2013

When I was looking for a place to stay our last night before flying home from Munich I looked at a lot of places on Trip Advisor, putting in all the little towns surrounding the airport. I didn't want to go into Munich and deal with the traffic and finally settled on the Hotel Henry. It turned out to be a very good choice. They had lots of parking and being our last night we took all of our luggage up to the suite to rearrange and repack. They had a big lift close to the parking so it wasn't a chore. I reserved a suite - I can't remember what they call it but it is in the front of the hotel with a big balcony. The guy at the desk said it was their biggest room and it was very large. A huge bed (bigger than a King), another single bed, a couch, table and another big dining type table with chairs and another set of table with chairs by the balcony. Only downside was no AC but the heat wave was finally cooling so with the big balcony doors and the window open it was fine. Also the mini bar was stocked but turned off so everything was warm.

They had a dining room but I could see from our balcony a restaurant next door with outside dining so we went there. This was one of our favorite meals of our trip. The waitress was very nice and knew some English to help us order since this was a true German restaurant off the tourist path and no English on the menu. I ordered Wiener Schnitzel since it was the only thing I recognized and she brought me enough food to feed 5 people. My friend's dinner portion was enormous also. It was delicious too! We left too early in the morning to sample the hotel's breakfast.

There was one odd thing going on in Erding that we found funny and charming the first 2 or 3 times it happened. When we were driving into town we encountered this carriage type vehicle that was laid out with several seats on each of the long ends with young men and women pedaling the vehicle while they drank beer and caroused. When we got to our room and went out to the balcony we saw them coming and going around a roundabout in front of our room. As they went around the roundabout they would yell and cheer. It was funny and cute but then it happened again a half hour or so later, then again. As I was laying in bed I think around 9:30 ( had to get up at 5 for our flight) I hoped they wouldn't be coming by all night. I never did hear them again. I don't know if they quit at a reasonable hour or if I just slept thru the noise.

I did have one problem that could have been major. I had walked down to the desk the night before to request a wake up call at 5 AM. I did it in person so I could be sure he understood my request. Well there was no wake up call and being a hotel near the airport I think that is not good.
Fortunately I woke up about 5:15 and checked my watch, so we got up in time to make our flight home.

Room Tip: the suite in the front with the large balcony would be big enough for a whole family
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
martin-erhard, Manager at Hotel Henry, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Dear Flajann,

Thank you for your rewiew here on Tripadvisor. We are glad that we could fulfill your expectations. The suite room with the balcony is our "Continental"-Suite and is our largest room, indeed. As you already mentioned, this room can be made up for up to 5 persons.

Our neighbor's restaurant "Kreuzeder" is a typical bavarian restaurant that serves traditional bavarian food (big portions - you are right). In our restaurant you could have ordered international dishes with a bavarian basis.

The "vehicle" that you saw can be seen quite often during the summer. It is usualle used by sport teams or for bachelor parties or birthday celebrations. And you are right, joining such a tour is quite funny.

We are sorry for the missing wake up call. We usually order wake up calls before 6 AM at a service hotline. Maybe there has been a technical defect. Nevertheless, everything went well and you could catch your flight back home.

We are very glad that you liked your stay in our hotel and hope that someday you will be our guest again.

Best regards
Hotel Henry
Martin Erhard

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Gorgeous hotel with top staff. Friendliness, helpfulness and Courteous >> these things are taken for granted here. Good location to the airport and to Munich Very friendly staff with service erstklssigem The theme rooms are very pleasant.

Room Tip: Better upper rooms have a view from the windows.
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Stayed for 6 nights. Room was big , beds comfy , well decorated , nice balcony overlooking well kept peaceful garden. Breakfast was excellent , plenty of choice , staff were very helpful. Gym had all the necessary equipment present and in good working order.
If I were to nit pick the coffee/tea were not always replenished and the balcony could have done with an outside light.

Erding is a very nice Bavarian town.It has a big,near new waterpark 2km from the hotel , is 15km from the airport and at the end of the S-bahn and easy for onward travel throughout Bavaria and further.

Room Tip: garden side is away from main road with balcony.
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Very nice hotel located north of Munich 8km from motorway, 10km from the airport, 30km from AllianzArena. Very friendly staff, excellent breakfast. Detroit Suite has space enough for 4.
Worth to stay again.

Room Tip: Detroit Suite 208 has space enough because rooms have no aircondition
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Stayed one night at this hotel, and have no complaints. The staff was very nice and willing to answer questions. The breakfast was very good with a good selection of food and helpful attendant. The room was somewhat worn but clean and quite large. The downtown area and S-Bahn stations are about 10 to 15 minute walks each. Wifi was good. Good shower.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends