“Clean and Quaint”

Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Erding
Salzburg, Austria
“Clean and Quaint”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

At the end of our three week European trip we decided to stay at a hotel close to the Munich Airport as we had to return our rental car. We felt a two day layover to rest from our Italian trip would be a great idea. We happened to find this hotel on the internet. It is helpful if you have a car in order to drive back in forth to Erding. They did advertise that the train is nearby but we figured it wasn't that close when we drove into Erding from the hotel. The village is very quaint. They have nice little boutique stores and an assortment of eateries suitable for all budgets. I have to confess the bakeries offer too many varieties and it's great that you could walk around the village to wear off whatever you've eaten. There are a lot of green hiking trails and they boast their own Therme Spa or hot springs which we never had a chance to experience due to time restraints. We ate at two family owned and operated restaurants. The Stadthotel and the Brauerei-Gastho zur Poft. They served traditional food and the owners and some staff spoke English. We also found the food prices were very affordable. After each meal both owners walked over to ask us how our meals were and made us feel welcome.

Room Tip: Very large rooms, exceptionally clean and wonderful breakfast. The hotel had their own famous Italia...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Ireland
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Rooms are quite large in the separate building - we booked a junior suite. Wi-fi access was free and good but limited to one machine - you could ask for separate logins, I suppose. Staff were very polite and happy to help. Breakfast was slightly limited in range but of excellent quality. Italian Restaurant adjoining hotel was nice but I don't think you can put the bill on your room.
Took around 15mins to get to/from the airport by taxi. Train station is a 5 minute walk, two stops from the center of Erding, 35 mins from center of Munich. 40 minute walk to Therme Erding if you are energetic or 15 minutes walk from the next train stop.
Sauna area in the hotel is small and no pool. One thing I would have liked was better linkeage to the Therme - maybe a shuttle bus and towels/robes. Other than that, very happy with the hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed June 22, 2012

We drove from Salzbug, after a 10 day trip. We came upon this hotel with our GPS, and I went inside to get their rates and availability. Anita, the front desk clerk, was very accommodating, and we got a good rate, and stayed the night. We have two teenage daughters, and were given a room with a separate bunkbed room for the girls.. The pool was nice, but we had no time to enjoy it. There was a nice Italian restaurant, which I would visit next time we go to Germany. We were just looking for a hotel that was close (20 minutes driving distance to the MUC airport. Besides the room being wonderful, and fresh water in the hallway with cups to enjoy, we had something happen that we thought we couldn't get help with. My 16 year old daughter left her orthodontic retainer in the room, and she was going to be travelling to Africa on a mission trip a week after we got home. My husband called the hotel, and Anita, the front desk clerk was very accommodating, and said she'd check with the housekeeping service, and see it anything was found. This was a $250 retainer, and my daughter really needed to have it before she left for Swaziland. We received the retainer today, as Anita said it was on it's way! I have been a flight attendant for a US carrier for 27 years, and have left a few items here and there along the way. Never have I had anyone follow up with their promises of finding lost items as this one. You should be proud of the service that Anita gave of, and of the hotel itself, for not throwing the retainer away as trash. We were impressed with hotel anyway, but this made us all the more impressed. A definite 10 plus for you all! Thank you!! Day Lynn Barr

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Rome, Italy
Reviewed November 26, 2011

I found this hotel thanks to a friend who is leaving in Erding.
The hotel is very good, the rooms are bigger than average, very clean.
Breakfast buffet is with great choice.
Does't have own restaurant inside, but just next door there is a good italian one.
Walking distance from train station.
Price is good deal for what you get.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Marco P
Milan, Italy
Reviewed September 17, 2011

Me and my family were in Germany for holydays and my children wanted to go to Erding to spend a day in the famous Therme. For this reason i booked by telephone two rooms in this hotel the day before giving my credit card number. I asked to have an e-mail for confirmation but I never received one.
Next morning we had to change our plans and could not go to Erding but we had to come back home. I suddenly phoned to the hotel to cancel the reservation and a lady told me that we would be charged for the no-show. I said that I was not advised by the manager and that I never received the conformation. The lady said that they could charge for half the price. I said that I did not agree and the lady said that in Germany this was the use.
Now I am at home and I received the half price charge that I will refuse.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Lapiera

Travelers are raving about these Erding hotels

Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed June 14, 2011

We stayed for one night in this hotel while on our way to Austria. We picked the hotel because of its vicinity to the Therme Erding. If you want to go there, this hotel is probably your best choice, but if you want to go into Munich itself it's pretty far away. Free parking is available.

Nice hotel, friendly staff and a big breakfast buffet. Will use again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed March 13, 2011

We have stayed at this hotel several times and have always had a good experience. The location is very good. It is out of Munich but within walking distance to the S-bahn. You can also take the S-bahn in the other direction and go to Erding. Erding has a lot of places to eat and is a very pretty town.
The apartments in back are bigger than the rooms in the main building.
The breakfast is very very good. Also, the Italian restaurant next door is very good.
The hotel lobby has a small bar which is a nice place for something to drink in the evening.
Overall this hotel is a good choice and a good value. We will be back!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple