“Pay attention!”

Hotel Am Schlossberg
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Erding
Reviewed September 17, 2011

Me and my family were in Germany for holydays and my children wanted to go to Erding to spend a day in the famous Therme. For this reason i booked by telephone two rooms in this hotel the day before giving my credit card number. I asked to have an e-mail for confirmation but I never received one.
Next morning we had to change our plans and could not go to Erding but we had to come back home. I suddenly phoned to the hotel to cancel the reservation and a lady told me that we would be charged for the no-show. I said that I was not advised by the manager and that I never received the conformation. The lady said that they could charge for half the price. I said that I did not agree and the lady said that in Germany this was the use.
Now I am at home and I received the half price charge that I will refuse.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Lapiera
There are newer reviews for Hotel Am Schlossberg

Reviewed June 14, 2011

We stayed for one night in this hotel while on our way to Austria. We picked the hotel because of its vicinity to the Therme Erding. If you want to go there, this hotel is probably your best choice, but if you want to go into Munich itself it's pretty far away. Free parking is available.

Nice hotel, friendly staff and a big breakfast buffet. Will use again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 13, 2011

We have stayed at this hotel several times and have always had a good experience. The location is very good. It is out of Munich but within walking distance to the S-bahn. You can also take the S-bahn in the other direction and go to Erding. Erding has a lot of places to eat and is a very pretty town.
The apartments in back are bigger than the rooms in the main building.
The breakfast is very very good. Also, the Italian restaurant next door is very good.
The hotel lobby has a small bar which is a nice place for something to drink in the evening.
Overall this hotel is a good choice and a good value. We will be back!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 11, 2011

We stayed 1 night here as a stopover prior to flying the following morning. Our experience was positive, the room was fine, not large but clean and comfortable. The bed was particularly comfortable. There was a minibar and a decent TV. the bathroom was also quite small but clean and everything worked.

We wanted to go to Munich for the evening and the staff were very helpful, the hotel is a short walk from an excellent train service which allowed us to get into town easily and enjoy the Christmas markets (Recommended)

Breakfast was nothing special but perfectly OK. It is just a short drive to the airport, but beware, ifit snows the night before leave plenty of time, we didnt and the weather makes the drive to the airport a Traffic Jam. We nearly missed our flight.

Overall I wouldn't recommend this hotel for a longer stay that a couple of nights because of the size of the rooms, however, for a short stay it is perfect.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 11, 2010

8 friends stayed at this place and there was one room that was so unsatisfactory that it was obvious. The hotel owner had clearly gotten so many complaints that he had a formula worked out for the discount. Our stay was so unsatisfactory that we were not okay with the pathetic 8 Euro per person in the one single room discount. The staff was completely unapologetic that our one friend had to sleep in a kinder bed. The bed was so small that you could not even push it together with the other bed. They had their set discount amount and were completely unwilling to be flexible on the matter.

Reviewed November 8, 2010

We booked 4 rooms 4 weeks in advance and 1 of the rooms was clearly a single and not a double. They charged us for a double and would not lower the price. The beds were extremely small, one was even smaller than a single bed. The staff would not lower the price to a single room and insisted that it was a double room. We found the staff rude and unhelpful. I strongly recommend taking your business elsewhere. This ruined an otherwise lovely spa getaway trip.

Reviewed November 8, 2010

The breakfast was good! That's literally the only positive thing I can say about this hotel!

I went there with friends and although my room was nice enough my friends had the worst room EVER! Seriously, tehre is no way that this was a double room although apparently they've had people stay there and not complain "sometimes"! It was basically a single room (and one that I would not pay 89 Euro for at that) with a cot that the smallest person in our group could not fit in and a hair dryer that looked like a vacuum cleaner!!

So, obviously, when we saw the contradiction in rooms we called the front desk and spoke to the owner who said he would look and see if there was a way we could change rooms - I'm sorry but I used to work in a hotel and you know straight away if there is a spare room or not! Once he'd determined that there were no more rooms, we asked for a discount and he offered 10 Euro less (5 Euro per person) - insulting to anyone in this situation! when we argued this he said the most he would do is 8 Euro per person - this, according to the owner and the woman on the front desk in the morning was apparently an exceptionally good deal and they couldn't understand why we weren't happy with it!!! When you have two friends who've had the worst night's sleep of their lives, I'm sorry but 8 Euro off their bill does not seem all that exceptional! There was no sympathy from the woman at the front desk or from the owner. When we told them what we thought the room was worth paying the night for, they simply said "no, that's the best we can do". Apparently breakfast was 10Euro each so they weren't even willing to offer free breakfast for the worst night ever!! How unreasonable can you be!?

I know I've ranted quite a bit but honestly, if you want to stay in this hotel at least specifically ask to be in a good room and not room 109 or any of the others like this one!! They should not get away with charging the same rate for this room as the others!!!! As I said - the breakfast was good and the waitresses we nice!