“airport hotel? that's a joke, right?” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Best Western Hotel Munich-Airport

Best Western Hotel Munich-Airport
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Erding
Juan-les-Pins, France
“airport hotel? that's a joke, right?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

This old hotel is a good 20 minutes ride from MUC; they called it "airport hotel". I live 20 mins form an airport as well, never seen any hotel in my area be called "airport hotel", just the ones IN FRONT OF the terminal building.

Anyway I was booked there as my inbound flight to MUC was delayed and miss my connection. I got a "free dinner" voucher, but having traveled a lot, I knew what it meant: cheapest possible food in a sad buffet, so I ate at MUC airport instead. Life is too short to have bad food.

Anyway, the hotel. A shuttle -once per hour, you need to be lucky- brings you there -where there is literally middle of nowhere- in some 20 mins. Hotel is old-ish, rooms are poorly decorated, rather cold. There is no airco, just a radiator. Internet does work (yuppie!), at least. Minibar was the most ridicolous thing ever: there was a SINGLE bottle of water. Just in case you crave for a coke or a beer.

Anyway:will not be back. If my flight is canceled I will fight for another hotel. That was a joke, a bad one even.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank krotas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Fareham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

I stayed here to visit the Munich Christmas markets and to visit the Erding Spa. The Hotel operates a free airport shuttle which in December 13 picked up at terminal 2 about 15 mins past hour, you go to the z area and leave where the easy jet check in area is and the stop is opposite side of the road. Takes about 30 mins or so. Hotel is not in the most glamorous of areas.

Really welcoming team. Helpful with information and spoke great English too. There is a local station (about 15min walk) that goes into the city. You can buy a return one day ticket from the little shop on the station or there is a machine. Train is about 45 mins and is number S2.

My hotel room was cosy and warm (it snowed whilst in was there and was never cold in the hotel and the restaurant got hot). Shower in the room. Bed comfortable.

Breakfast offered a huge range of cold and cooked items. Again team friendly.

I took the hotel Bavarian buffet one night and it love!y. Really tasty and good value. Also recommend the Reisling which was well priced.

Hotel was near enough to walk to the spa or they ran a shuttle in the morning.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Nottingham
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

This is by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed in.
My boyfriend and I booked to go to Munich and our flight company changed the flight home to the following day, so we had to find a place to stay for the last night. We decided to book one at the airport ready for the flight home. Big mistake booking here! It's nowhere near!
There is no direct train link from Erding to the Airport, and the options there were either a 30 euro taxi ride or a 28 euro shuttle bus. No thanks! We ended up getting on two trains, taking about 45 minutes.
On the afternoon we travelled there, we got the train to Erding, but it isn't at the stop (our fault I know), so by the time we arrived in the right part of town, we'd be travelling over an hour. It was dark, raining, and we were a bit fed up (again, not the hotels fault, I know). We then proceeded to spend the next hour in the rain looking for the hotel. Somebody on TA had said that it was really close to the station. It isn't. We walked down a dual carriageway to it, and found it on an industrial estate having used our internet phones.
Once there, we checked in, found out the price of the shuttle bus, and went to our room. Couldn't get in it. Went back to reception and she told us bluntly we were using the key wrong and that she'd told us how to use it. She hadn't.
We decided to order a couple of pizzas to our room. They had an enticing pizza menu for 9 euros each. That'll do. At this point found out we didn't have a kettle etc, but that if we rang reception we could arrange to get one. Did this and ordered these 'stone-baked pizzas'. Was told on the phone they would call when it was ready for us to collect the pizza and kettle from reception!
The call came, my boyfriend picked the pizzas up from the bar (they passed them to him over the heads of people having drinks), and then she told him there was a cupboard in the hallway where he was to pick up his "water boiler". What exactly were we paying for?!
Sleep quality was poor- could hear people banging about all night getting up for flights. I got woken at 7 by the room opposite slamming their door closed. Also, cleaner knocked and walked in at half nine. A bit early.
Avoid at all costs. I will.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Anidoodle

Travelers are raving about these Erding hotels

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

Nice and comfortable rooms, good facilities, friendly staffs, close to thermal centre, walking distance to Mcdonald. extensive breakfast.
more than what you expect from other best western hotels,
great location close to free ways and close to neighbouring town.

Room Tip: 2nd floor all the rooms are very good
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Bromma, Sweden
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

How come this hotel have 4 stars? The Best Western Hotel Munich Airport Hotel is a pretty old hotel with simple rooms, small showers, very small television for the big room I had, beds are ok but the pillows not very good (even though you have different kinds in the room) but friendly service. The hotel is located 20 minutes away from the airport but you can use the hotels airport shuttle. If you want to stay close to the airport because of having an early flight then this is not the right place. I also asked for a wake up call at 7 but they did not call at all. I will not choose this place again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank 100donesofar
Chula Vista, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

We (my wife and myself) were comped an unexpected night at this hotel due to being stranded due to an air controller strike in France which prevented our flying home. The hotel's name says airport but via the complimentary shuttle, it is at least 20 minutes from the airport in a very nondescript isolated area. The hotel, itself, had a very functional lobby, with a bar off the main entrance and a public computer close by. The rooms were pretty standard 3 star European quality. The beds were fine. The television had about 3 English stations. The bathroom had one of those tiny showers. Below the lobby there was a buffet restaurant with so so dinner food, but very good breakfast food. It would have been quite costly to eat if we had not been given vouchers by the airlines. This would not be the place to explore Munich as it is quite far, but it served its purpose as an emergency hotel...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Warrington, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

Was working at Munich airport for a couple of days and this hotel was booked on my behalf. Initially I was quite concerned by the distance from the airport however the shuttle bus was efficient and took about 20 minutes. It's certainly not a 'handy' hotel for the airport.
Checkin was efficient and friendly with a pleasant welcome.
I was allocated a room on the ground floor which was a short walk from reception. The bathroom was spotless and the room clean and tidy. The double-bed had 2 single duvets which was a little odd, but it was perfectly comfortable and provided a good night's sleep. Free WiFi is available throughout the hotel by getting a password from reception and the quality was good and reliable.
My colleague and I dined in the hotel restaurant (Red Baron) which is in the basement. We received a warm welcome however there was no atmosphere at all. About 50-60 tables and less than 10 people did not make it much fun but then it was mid-week. The only option available was a buffet which was quite limited but the chef cooked a delicious piece of beef for us. I was extremely disappointed that because I had a main course I was not allowed a pudding (dessert)! Well I could if I paid for 3 courses and had a salad but I didn't want a salad after my main course - I wanted a dessert! Seems incredibly weird and strange and there is no logic behind it. This actually spoiled the overall enjoyment of the meal.
After dinner we went to the bar where the excellent barmaid Peggy made us feel welcome and valued.
Breakfast was ok. Probably typical for this part of Germany and it had everything you needed.

Checkout was smooth and efficient with no issues.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business