“I was not too excited”

Ranked #2 of 27 Hotels in Ingolstadt
Huntsville, Alabama
“I was not too excited”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

After I signed in, they gave me a room on the 2nd floor. Since I had 2 big suitcases I asked for the direction to the elevator and got informed that in that part of the floor thereis none(!). Nobody offerd any help. so I carried my luggage upstairs, reconizing that my room was towards the main street and a bit noisy. Since I don't sleep oversees that well, I went back to the front desk and asked for a room on the back side of the hotel, the young receptionist told me" it's not possible, they are fully booked". I was starting thinking to leave and try one of the other Hotel I've been in this area, she suddently came back to me and said"let me talk to my colleague, maybe she can help you" so I was waiting for almost 5 min, saw a second person walking around talking card, ding some things in the hotel computer system, then she suddently turn to me and asked: are you Mr. Smith?(yes) give me your romm card (I handed it over) and then she handed it me a new one, not saying which room nomber it is, where to go or so. so I had to ask the receptionist again, fining out, the room was in a different part of the Hotel, I had to pick up my lugggage from upstairs, but I was lucky, because at the part of the hotel was an elevator.
Don't take me wrong, the room I got in then was clean nice size and so, but the experience with the reception desk was the worst I had in Germany in years. All other staff members are very freindly and overall it might be a good place, (and otherwise it would only get one point) but can decide were I spend my money and I will not do it again there

Room Tip: ask during reservation already for a quite room, the Hotel is on a littel main road and you would no...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I enjoyed my stay in this hotel for the only night I booked with my son. The hotel is 10 min far from the highway, it is located in a really quiet area. The room was very nice, the bed was very comfortable. We had breakfast the morning after, and we can say that the was really a large choice of food and beverages. The service was perfect. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Madrid, Spain
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Rooms are not too small with LCD TV but this is all. Nothing moré
Located pretty far From downtown walking distance, You need car to go to anywhere.
It costed me 90 € with breakfast (acceptable, but with not much variety) and internet (though it did not work) which is bit cheaper conpared to NH or ARA which are closer to downtown.
Door lock systems is quite Weird, i was unable to Open my room door and call staff for assisstance.after 5 minutes shé could Open the door.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Lund, Sweden
Reviewed September 29, 2012

This was my 3rd visit to this hotel as an overnight stop going to Italy.
Next time I will surely stay here again. Nice rooms, nice and friendly personel and great food in the restaurant. Breakfast was also very good with many things to choose from.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ulfgoransson
Staffs UK
Reviewed September 24, 2012

It's a bit out in the sticks, but comfortable and friendly. It seems that if you want to get into town you will be in heavy traffic during peak hours, something I've not seen for other hotels in the area. The attached restaurant serves excellent food, though don't expect a massive choice of different dishes. No separate bar, but there are tables outside and a few seats in the reception area where you can get a drink. Getting a sensible temperature from the shower without it jumping up and down was a challenge, and it's a while since I've seen a hotel with a shower over the bath. However bathroom was perfectly clean and comfortable.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Nantwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I've stayed in plenty of business Hotels and the Mercure in Ingolstadt is definatley one of the best (outside of Japan). The room was well laid out as expected to a high standard and the bathroom was better than usual. By this I mean that the shower functioned very well and the towels were actually large enough for a change! The decor in the reception areas was typically Bavarian and so was the food in the restaurant. I must say that the Wiener Schnitzel I had was very tasty and the Berry Sauce was right on the nail. The staff were cooporative and never once seemed false, so I would go back again on my next visit. All I would add is - please get rid of those useless pillows! No matter how many you use - your head just sinks down through them!

Room Tip: Rooms away from the road are best,
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business