“A brand new - good, basic, simple hotel.”
Review of Hotel Enso

Hotel Enso
Ranked #17 of 27 Hotels in Ingolstadt
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I've stayed here almost every month since it opened and it's my favourite hotel in Ingolstadt. The rooms are clean and well appointed. I like bar area and the staff are friendly and efficient.

The attached restaurant is an odd concept; mixed Asian buffet. The breakfasts served in there are fine, but dinner isn't very good at all.

The value is excellent for this hotel and it's in a good location (a short walk over the river to the city).

I recommend.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

I had to stayed there for 1night yesterday evening. Lady at reception desk asked me for ID and once I shown her, she took it away without any comments and made a copy. Poor service... High price for the hotel without breakfast, wi-fi etc. garage not included in the price of the room. I was there 2 times: for the first and last time.

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Wojciech Z
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We trained into Ingolstadt on December 26 with no hotel reservation. After finding 2 hotels closed for the holidays we headed for the Enso. The lights were a welcome sight! Rooms were available, the restaurants were open, the front desk was helpful, and our room was comfortable and clean. The bathroom door was frosted glass which was a bit of a privacy issue with companion travelers. We enjoyed a light dinner in the hotel's Italian eatery and had a great night's sleep. The breakfast (8.50 € per person) offered many pleasant buffet choices but no "made-to-order" eggs. With directions from the front desk we discovered that we were just a walk through the park from a bus to the Audi Museum and Ingolstadt town center. A disappointment was the wi-fi in the room was an additional charge per connection with charges on a sliding scale. (I picked 4 hours for 5 €)

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Stayed for a week in September to attend a business conference at the hotel. Arrived on a raining Monday midnight and check in was smooth. Room size is small. Basically you get off the bed, took a step and you are in the bath room. Located next to the park when you can easily take a short walk across to the old town centre of Ingolstadt. Arena is situated opposite the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 7, 2013

we were looking for hotel to meet with interantional partner and baseline the next few years, the enso hotel was the only one which was available at the time we were looking for. Even when the the pre-meeting process was not so easy, the staff at the hotel was very good. the young lady asigned to our group took very good care of us and the meeting was a success. the breakfast in the Japanesse Restaurant is European / International und I can not think abut anything i would have missed. The variety of Restaurants is very big and if you have a chance, don't miss the lunch buffett a the Dragon Restaurant.
The rooms are small, but I guess this is German Standard. I could not get connected to the WIFI from my room and unfortunatly they could not fix this during my stay.
I liked to be here, when I come back in this area, the enso hotel will be considered again.
The hotel is very close to a hockey stadion and a indoor water fun park with spa.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I stayed for 5 nights whilst on business in the area. Hotel is well situated, about 10 minute walk from the centre of Ingolstadt and perhaps a 2 minute drive from the A9 autobahn. The hotel is easily identifiable right across from the main leisure complex/ice skating ring. The rooms are small but feel just fine for a solo traveller. They are well equipped and clean, although the lack of a kettle or tea/coffee making facilities was disappointing. The showers are powerful which for me is always a good thing. Only a couple of english speaking channels which seemed to suffer from consistent signal loss. Nice comfy beds, a little firm but for me that is much more preferable. No gym really, just a few exercise bikes, so again disappointing. The room is easily big enough to fit in a a couple of running machine and some free weights. Breakfast has a great choice, always well stocked and nice to see fresh fruit in the fresh fruit salad and NOT tinned! There is a good sized bar and a couple of restaurants, Italian and Japanese, I didn't dine there and preferred to go out in to town for more traditional Bavarian food. 15 Euros for internet for 23 hrs I thought was a bit cheeky in this day and age and it wasn't the strongest signal. Overall a good hotel but a kettle in the room would have made a big difference!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Enso hotel - I stayed there for 10 nights in a bigger room.
The hotel is located 15 min walk to the edge of Ingolstadt center and an easy straight 5 minute drive to the main highway.

Of all the hotels I've stayed in Ingolstadt, the Enso I consider to be the best location so far.
Parking is super easy - I had the indoor option - out of the car and straight into the elevator.

Staff were friendly and reserved, with the occasional staff member being really engaging.

My room was on the 5th floor - corner room, so I ended up having 3 windows. My room rate, I considered quite high, but then realized in was Oktoberfest and it seems all hotels around Munich jack prices up during this time of year.

Room features
- Large closet with hangars
- Safe in room
- Electronic key card that powers on lights - (but thankfully keeps power to wall sockets for laptops)
- WiFi (signal was very good, but bandwidth was not fast) The WiFi usage was easy. I usually purchased a 23hr pass (15eu) and only when you are online is the time counted. (you need to log out when you're finished)
- 37" flat screen - mostly German and foreign language - had BBC in English
XX - No drawers at all in the room
- Heating and AC excellent and controlled by digital thermostat
- Curtains could make the room black
- Room was very sound-proof, except for the occasional bump sound from above
- Bed: Very comfortable - not that rock hard type you sometimes get in Europe
- Lighting: very good
- Cleanliness: excellent
XX - no alarm clock in the room
XX - Telephone (1) on the work desk, not beside the bed

Dining
- The breakfast was very good. Lot's of healthy choices and a few cooked items.
- The Japanese restaurant was closed for renovation.
- The Pasta restaurant and bar: I had a meal one night - it was ok.

Gym
- On the 6th floor is a nice size gym with attached wet and dry sauna and lounge area. (towels robes and showers) Oddly, there is no treadmill in the gym ! Luckily there are many walking paths adjacent to the hotel.

TIP:
- The hotel has a small fleet of rental bikes for hire. From the hotel, you can be on bike paths for hours (without being on the road)
- A nice bike day trip is a return journey on the river path to Neuberg.

What I liked about Enso:
- Clean, secure, comfortable (in the larger room) and quiet.
- Great sleep quality (from bed comfort and quiet room)
- Easy car access to highway and easy walking access to the old town center

To improve
- It would be nice to have a few drawers in the room for long stay people
- In the Gym, add a treadmill

Room Tip: 6th floor large corner rooms are the best option - 3 windows and far from the elevator