“Ok for a day visit”

Ingolstadt Village Shopping Day Trip from Munich
Ranked #6 of 35 things to do in Ingolstadt
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Fifty minutes from Munich, Ingolstadt Village hosts over more than 110 outlet boutiques, showcasing a vibrant mix of luxury brands with reductions of up to 60% on the former recommended retail price. Reflecting the architecture of textile mills and the Germany’s late- 19th nineteenth century industrial heritage, Ingolstadt Village evokes a world away from the bustle of the city. Top German brands are well represented, from Wolford to Phillip Plein, , MCM, Hanro, Birkenstock and Strenesse. International collections include Armani, Escada, Hackett, L’´Occitane en Provence, For All Mankind, Desigual, Escada, Gant, Wolford and Le Creuset, as well as celebrated Italian designers brands Bally, Boggi Milano, Versace, Valentino, La Perla, Furla. Ingolstadt Village Shopping Express® runs to and from Munich.
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We've been there twice recently. I can't say too much about the prices, nay price tags show 'regular' and outlet prices, but I don't know where the regular prices come from. Certainly the place has lots of different brands, many will be interesting for younger people. It's not a place to buy a suit and tie, really. We were mainly looking for travel bags and suitcases, some quite good deals are to be had in the Samsonite and Tumi shops, and many other shops offer good travel bags as well.
Stay away from the 'traditional' restaurant, which I found pretty horrible (and I'm Bavarian!), the 'Asian' place at the other end of the village is ok, but still expensive compared to restaurants in Ingolstadt and generally in Bavaria, apart from Munich and touristic sites. Probably an ideal place to send your wife with a girlfriend or kids :)

1  Thank Rudolf W
"lindt chocolate"
"shopping village"
"visit munich"

Reviewed March 6, 2013

I liked this outlet. I went with low expectations having been to some American outlets that are just amazing. I was pleasantly surprised with what I found there. I'm more on the side of looking for high street stuff at a discount than designer stuff at a discount and this was great for those types of bargains, especially in terms of shoes and jeans. If you are looking for high-end I'm not sure you will find what you want here but I do still think it is worth a visit. I liked the Marco Polo outlet and the Marc shoe store and the Tom Tailor store. The Fossil shop was good as well, I like their jewellery but wouldn't pay the prices they charge outside of sales.
The best way to get there is on the bus from outside Sofitel (12 Bayerstrasse) at 9.30 Mon-Sat, you will arrive into the village at 11.00, the bus then leaves at 4.00, and we actually got into Munich for around 5.10. It is quicker than they estimate and has got to be easier than getting a train. Its costs 15euro return and the driver is nice, he gives out bottles of water on each journey, nice touch.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Cons first: I honestly don't understand why one would need to build a discount village when same or even more shops are available in Munich or any other bigger city offering same or better discounts. Shopping area is quite small, I'd say Munich's Olympia shopping mal or even Pasing Arcaden are way bigger, they have mostly the same brand names and same discounts.

Although there is a variety of offers, however they are not great, there is no WOW effect. I'm not a fashion guru and it makes no difference to me if the garment is from the last season, but I felt like all the crap that no one else wants to buy ended up in some of these shops. Not all, just some shops. Most of the shops sell the same overpriced stuff as they do in any other city in the world, just a bit cheaper. However I'm sure you could get the same stuff from Amazon cheaper :)

We've been to similar discount places in Canada. THESE were discounts! Same applies to USA. Honestly if you can go to Canada or States and buy several years worth of stuff there it's much more reasonable than going to this place.

The only visible diner was an Asian place that was packed to the max. San Francisco coffee shop didn't offer much besides coffee and a sandwitch, so we left hungry.

Pros: the area itself is very nice, clean, presentable. The only great shop was Geox shoe shop. You could tell that they sell stuff people need and want and it's actually properly discounted, it was packed. We ended up buying tall boots for the lady and shoes for sun. Latter was originally priced at 75€, then discounted to 45€ and we paid 19€! That's really cheap for a good Geox shoe.

Eating: if you are there by car I would recommend taking a 5km trip to Audi Forum on Effinger Str. and eating at their restaurant. It's not cheap, but it's very very good :) A good lunch for 2 would cost you around 25-30€.

9  Thank Blumit
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Great place to spend your time with a great shopping deal. We bought many things from there such as watches, bags, wallets, accessories, Swarovski....ect
There are many options for transportation from Munich to the Village. The Express Bus was an option but it will take approx. two hours to reach there and return back at 5 pm. So we decided to find easier and faster one. We took the train from Munich at arround 9 am to Ingolstadt Nord and arrive after approx. 1:15 hrs and from there we tried to reach the bus 25 but a nice lady working there in the satation told us that the bus is coming every hour. We took a taxi for 10 mins only and return back also by taxi which can easily get one from the Village's Information office.

2  Thank Ourdream2