“Beautiful castle”
Review of Burg zu Burghausen

Burg zu Burghausen
Ranked #1 of 30 things to do in Burghausen
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

This is the most beautiful castle I have seen in Germany. The views are so amazing! Drive right over the bridge into Zach, Austria and you can view the Castle from another country. There is so much to see. It is very big and confusing to me on where to go. I highly recommend taking a visit here!

Reviewed June 4, 2013

I am a U.S. expat living in Burghausen - home of the world's longest castle. I walk my dog through the castle on a regular basis but I never tire of the views and almost always notice something new. The view from the eastern side to Austria is priceless and the view of the lake and country side on the west side are stunning. If you are lucky, the Alps (about 30 miles away) will be in plain site from the western side. There is a lovely cafe with a beer garden towards the end of the castle. I had one of the best pasta dishes of my life there (I think they must have a talented chef).

Reviewed March 10, 2013

My fiance and I found this castle in our Bavaria guide book as a day adventure and it was totally worth it! Visiting in March just after all the crazy snow, not everything (such as the art museum and restaurants) was open yet, but just walking the 1000 meter length of the castle (for free by the way) through all the courtyards, cross the ancient bridges and taking in the breathtaking views for a feeling from medieval Germany was so much fun!

The museum in the most fortified part of the castle at the end was alright too. Its costs 4 euros for a peek at what the rooms of the families looked like during medieval times with a few old furniture, some pretty awesome paintings from the 1600's and a hike to the top of the tower for a 360 scenic view of the surroundings and length of the treasured castle!

3  Thank Kandyce G
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I have visited castle during my business trip. Castle is very nice and looks maintained. There are people living inside. There are some bars and restaurant but everything was closed during my visit. View from the castle is magnificient.

1  Thank Erohrv
Reviewed December 2, 2012

This castle isn't easy to find in any travel guides but it is truely a hidden treasure! It's grounds extend 1.1km so it takes a good day to explore. The views are beautiful.