I found Tarzan here on TripAdvisor several months before our trip. He responded quickly to my emails and answered all my questions. I was hesitant about picking a guide from the internet for many reasons, one being that I was traveling with my 12 year old son. And you tend to be a little more concerned when you have a child along. But, Tarzan was great! He picked us up at the airport, took us to the hotel for the night. Was there on time the next morning to pick us up to make the trek to the lodge. He has people coming and going all the time, but he made us feel like we were his priority (just like I'm sure he made everyone else feel also). He took time to explain things to us, took my son fishing several times, and made sure we were comfortable. Rico was our guide for some of the excursions and he was also very nice and knowledgable (and speaks excellent English).
As others have explained, the lodge is very simple but clean. The meals were very good -- much better than what I expected. My only recommendations are that:
- They need bigger/better fans in the rooms. There was a small fan on a ledge in our room. However, it's REALLY hot and a stand-up oscillating fan would have been nice. The fan on the shelf really didn't help at night because it blew air above our heads so we didn't get the benefit of it.
- Rooms should be cleaned daily. I think they cleaned them twice during our 5 day stay.
But, these recommendations/suggestions wouldn't keep me from recommending this place or going back again. At the end of 5 days, they felt like family and my son is already planning our next trip there.
We spent 3 weeks in Brazil and this was our last stop. I think it was the highlight of our trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amazon Tarzan Lodge is located about 100km south of Manaus on Rio Juma.Monkeys, Guariba, Hawks, Egrets, Jacu, Amazon Kingfisher, Toucan, Macaw and other species can be easely found.The lodge is manage by Chico and his family who were raised on the island.The lodge offers private room with double bed and/or single bed, restaurant and hammock hut.All buildings are covers with straw from local babacu plants.A floating dock offers fishing and swimming opportunities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Amazon Tarzan Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amazon Tarzan Lodge Brazil/AM