“Excellent”
Review of The Three Colts

The Three Colts
More attraction details
Owner description: A country style pub set in the town of Buckhurst Hill Recent refurb has kept old style charm yet has created a warm , clean pub for the community A dining room for freshly cooked food and a garden for the whole family.
Reviewed April 17, 2014

My partner and his dad went to your pub for the first time yesterday and the first thing he said when he woke up was that we need to go there.. great service , immaculate toilets and the food looked amazing. I'm looking forward to coming in on a Sunday to try the roast . Excellent well done Adam!

adambrooks23, Owner at The Three Colts, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review and please return soon !!
Kindest Regards

Reviewed March 23, 2014

The 'beat' has returned to the 'heart' of the Buckhurst Hill community. A fantastic job has been done with the refurbishment of this wonderful old pub. You can tell it has been done with care and consideration. Whether you are a regular or a visitor you will be warmly greeted by lovely staff. We had fantastic service in the restaurant area from Tracy. She really couldn't do enough for us. The atmosphere is casual and relaxed during the week and lively at the weekends. I have eaten here several times and each time it has been of excellent quality, good value and delicious. Don't miss Sunday Lunch here - it's the best in town. This place has been my husbands 'second home' for the past 15 years, and now I fear I may have lost him forever. :-)

1  Thank 4wheeleddrive
adambrooks23, Owner at The Three Colts, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2014

Thank you !
Makes all the effort and investment worth it reading reviews like that

Reviewed March 8, 2014

My first visit since the change of owners and revamp!
Surprised to see 2 decent real ales. Unfortunately they have not employed anyone who knows how to "pull a pint"! A rather pleasant young girl tried her best but after 10 or so pulls the "pint" was still a good couple of inches short when she served it to me! - On second attempt I had a pint and very nice it was too - Timothy Taylors Landlord!
Upon ordering a second pint there same problem occurred but this time a different "barmaid" told me it was up to the pint line - which it clearly was not and besides the glass had no line!
The staff then spent a while training themselves in how to order food from the kitchen - surely this should have been done before now!
Fish and chips at £12.95 seems a little pricey so I wasn't tempted.
I think that might be my last visit as well... too difficult to get a pint!!

7  Thank wildrover1953
a27London, Owner at The Three Colts, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Sorry to hear of your first experience since I refurbed the pub . Yes granted I was training new staff that day and all I can do is apologise .
The locals seem to love what I have done to the pub and now Buckhurst Hill has a truelly family run pub for the community . Please pop in again and I endeavor to make your experience a better one

Kind Regards