“slow service but very good food”
Review of Die Butterhanne

Die Butterhanne
Ranked #7 of 109 Restaurants in Goslar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 30, 2012

large outdoor seating with blankets if the temps change, also very typical decor inside should you choose to dine in. just up 100 feet from Rathaus museum and main square. For lunch the prices were very reasonable almost cheap but comparison with good sized portions, I have the bratwurst with sauerkraut and potatoes, all very good and the germans I was with thought so too, and they are not easy to please. the price 6.50 euros for a plateful. the service was slow in the ordering, getting the check, but once ordered food was quick to arrive hot and steaming. we went back later for coffee and cakes also very good and good sized portions. Goslar is not a typical american tourist stop in the Harz mountains but should be with its well preserved tudor housing and castle this once walled city has plenty to see. and Tis restaurant is a good place to eat.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

We visited this restaurant multiples times during our weeklong stay in Goslar...mostly because it was great food and a pretty good value for money. This is an ideal place for a casual outdoor meal if you are looking to have traditional German food. There were also a good number of regional specialties on the menu, which made for some exciting experiences. This place has the best bratkarttofln I have ever had....perfectly crispy with caramelized onions and bacon. The wild boar bratwurst and fried apple dessert with cherries and cream were also wonderful. The service was hit or miss, but the food was definitely worth it.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

The location is great, just off the main square with lots of opportunity for people watching.

We ate here twice during our stay and thoroughly enjoyed both meals. Each day had a special deal. For example, Thursday is schnitzel day, with most of the schnitzels on the menu reduced to €6.90 . Very tasty indeed and a good value option.

I would thoroughly recommend Die Butterhanne.

Reviewed May 24, 2012

I sat down at this restaurant because it had open-air seating in the market place of Goslar. The staff were very friendly and gave quick and efficient service. I ordered mineral wasser mit gas and a glass of white wine. And then I ordered the local special which was deer done in juniper berry sauce.
When it arrived, I had mixed reactions. The deer (venison) was overcooked and chewy. But the sauce it was in was delicious, as was the red cabbage. The potatoes, were disappointing because they were croquette potatoes. (I would have preferred boiled or roasted. Croquettes just seem so fake). For dessert, I asked the waitress what was good, and she told me the apple rings with vanilla sauce. She was absolutely right. Even though the apples were deep fried, they were not oily, and the vanilla sauce was heavenly. All of this came to 24 euros 10, which I thought was a bargain considering everything I'd ordered.

Reviewed April 26, 2012

The food was average and the service not very friendly