Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
ibis
Priceline$65
Hotels.com$65
Travelocity$65
FindHotel$65
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 22, 2017

I am a demanding client, but I have been in several low-end hotels such as Holiday Inn Express, NH, Park Inn or even Ibis in Dublin. However, something like here I did not see in last 10 years of my life for sure. I will concentrate just on essential, and leave some unimportant but annoying details out.
1) There is no real bathroom!!!! Is a kind of plastic build in cabin with lavabo, shower and toillette seat. Although I do not doubt that is was cleaned every day, I had a cheap, filthy, dirty feeling. It reminds on plastic movable toillettes on parking lots or construction yards. DISGUISTING!
2) They say on the web site 80 sound proof rooms. Well, obiviously I got the 81st room. The Japanese paper houses are more sound proof than my room was. Not just that it was on the first floor, directly to the road and local railway (so you hear every car or train that goes by), but you hear also your left neighbour closing the door, the upper neighbour flushing water in walking in high heel etc. I booked for 3 nights but left after two. I preferred to drive in the night that to spend another morning turning around nervously in bed and triing to catch some more sleep in that jungle. I suppose I was lucky that there was no rain. Exactely under the window is a big metal room. I can imagine how does it sound when rain is hitting it.
3) Service in bar is friendly but sporadic. I waited my hamburger for ca. 25 minutes. Did they go to Argentina to find the cow? However, I must be honest, the hamburger was very good, one of the best I ate in recent time, what I could not say for chips that were dry and tasted on old oil.
4) Internet is very slow, could hardy work on my web mail and on mobile it continued to break down every 15min what meant I need to log on again and again and again. And I am not an internet hipster.
The only two good points are the pizzeria in flight club next door with perfect Italian cuisine and much cheaper than hotel bar and nice elegant lady from the hotel staff with golden hair, long eyebrows and white smile.
Anyway, not good enough to come back and I hope not to come to Friedrichshafen ever again. The place is too small for big events and if you come for business you are confined to sleep in prison cells like this one.

Room tip: Definetly not 1st floor and road side
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank cap_nemo_hr
Reviewed April 13, 2017

This location is perfect for events in the Messe, on the other side of Friedrichshafen airport. It's also right next to the airline terminal. It's quite basic, no frills, but quite adequate for a brief stay. I would rate it as a typical 80-90 Euro/night hotel: however, when there's an event at the Messe, it costs 180 Euros or more. The 'walk-up' rate while I was there for AeroFriedrichshafen at the Messe was 238 Euros/night! The staff are extremely pleasant and helpful (and hard-working), the restaurant is quite good and inexpensive. Some reviews complained about an expensive breakfast, but I thought it was excellent and only 11 Euros during my visit.

Room tip: North side looks out on the airport, which is fun.
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed January 28, 2017

A nice Ibis hotel with a cozy lobby and bar.
The rooms are small but well appointed. Ours had a nice view over the airport.
The breakfast buffet is rather small but of good quality and nicely presented. Very few hot items on offer. Friendly staff. I would definitely stay here again!

Date of stay: January 2017
1  Thank Jelle v
Reviewed November 30, 2016

this is my second time to stay here and again it was very nice. rooms are nice and comfortable, had a nice sleep. this time didn"t have time fir breakfast since we had to leave early but i"m sure it's still good like last time.

Date of stay: November 2016
Reviewed November 3, 2016

The hotel is ideally located close to the airport convenient for bus and train into Freidrichhaven, the hotel staff are very friendly and can't do enough for you. The bedrooms are well presented and the restaurant and bar are very good unfortunately the restaurant is closed on Sunday evening but there is an Italian restaurant to the rear of the hotel which as a good menu and good service.

Date of stay: October 2016