“Fine for meat lovers!”

Ranked #38 of 130 Restaurants in Friedrichshafen
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Traditional German restaurant. The food was good presented and well prepared. All dishes that me and my colleague have tried were good (Only meat dishes), all of them came from the Bodensee tradition. Even the service was good. Price were fine for this kind of restourant and the food quantity. It could be crowdy of turist person during the high seson, but not in January as we were.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Very nice restaurant that we walked past the first time we were in town. This time a local waiter at a nearby cafe that was just closing when we arrived directed us there. Great choice. Nice atmosphere, great beer and great food at reasonable prices. We might go back but there are still others to try out. Cheers.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

We were attracted to this cosy cellar by the promise of interesting local beers. We were not disappointed.

We chose food from the 'seniors menu' and enjoyed a generous and delicious serving of pork steak, Swabian noodles and gravy at a very reasonal 10 Euros.

Service was excellent with a very enthusiatic waitress.

Reviewed June 18, 2011

Took heed of the only review on here for this restaurant and we were glad we did. I had the rump steak which was cooked to perfection. Hubby's meal was also good. The waiter was friendly and service was attentive but discreet. The ambience is great, the restaurant is housed in an old cellar and is very cosy. The exterior does not do the inside justice and it's easy to miss. Will definitely be back and have no hesitation in recommending this place.

1  Thank MrsP
Reviewed May 23, 2011

First meal I had at restaurant was Kalfbruekensteak (Calf Steak) which turned out to be Outstanding; one thick and tender cut. Third visit I tried this again but this time the cook at used smaller pieces of meat that were well done and not so tender however I mentioned this to the waiter and will mention it again when I return.

Best Au Gratin Potatoes ever were served with the calf steak; incredibly flavorful and cooked just right with a perfect cheese crust.

White asparagus is in season and I have had this in soup and also with hollandaise sauce; outstanding!

The staff here have been most helpful and clearly enjoy seeing the diners have a great time and meal.

One of my dinner companions has had the fillet steak twice and it is enormous, about twice what I would expect in a USA restaurant.

Prices are for what you get, an excellent meal in an outstanding atmosphere.

1  Thank sailorboy4real