Ibis Bamberg Altstadt
$129
$102
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $118/night.

Tandem Hotel(Bamberg)
$110
$106
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmain sitesexcellent locationold towncomfortable bedcentral locationhotel is perfectwalking distancestayed here for two nightsair convisiting bambergaltstadtaccorparkingeurocentreconveniencesupermarket
Reviewed July 28, 2013

A reasonably typical Ibis with good location but with even smaller room than usual. Found it pricey, but that may be Bamberg. Parking was also expensive. Staff were fine, neither friendly nor unfriendly. May try somewhere else next time I visit Bamberg, which is certainly worth a second visit.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Good for anyone who prizes a clean place at a reasonable location.
I had the opportunity to stay at approximately 10 Ibis hotels in Europe recently. I was surprised because it was the only one were the receptionist was cold and unsympathetic. "By the book", it shouldn´t happen, no matter you pay 1 EUR or 1,000 EUR for the room, but ok.
It was just a small negative detail in a wonderful day in Bamberg!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank André T
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I took a group of 15 people to Bamberg and we stayed here for one night. The rooms are very clean, small but comfortable. Everything is a bit minimalistic and the bathrooms are really tiny but that's what IBIS is known for. It's all you need. Clean. Comfortable bed and a good breakfast before you head out. If you prepfer a larger breakfast save the 10n Euros and head to the cafe next door..
They had several parking lots available in the garage and the location is perfect.
You can walk right over to all the sights in Bamberg such as the "Rathaus" and old streets, little Venice etc. I love this city and would stay at this Hotel again anytime.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet since it's located in a tiny side-street.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank TravelRaoul
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I have spent one night here with a friend booking from internet.

At first it was disapponting that instead of only booking, after I gave the number of my credit card I had already paid the room even before arriving in Bamberg.

Secondarly when you arrive the hotel is in a place where it is difficult to park and your instinct makes you put the car into the garage of the hotel.
But it costs 12 EUROS X DAY and you have to pay at once, without doing it when you go away!!

DON´T PARK YOUR CAR INTO THE CAR PARK OF THE HOTEL, IT IS VERY EXPENSIVE!!!

The bathroom is very SMALL and it is difficult to move inside the shower.
When you sit on the toilet your knees almost hit the wall!!

The breakfast is not included.
We didn´t opt for it because we where disappointed because of the car park and we decided not to pay for a second extra.
BUT IT IS FULL OF BARS AND CAFES NEARBY WHERE YOU CAN HAVE QUICK AND CHEAP BREAKFASTS.

The WIRELESS CONNECTION didn´t work well, and notwithstanding the friendly and helpful employee at the reception we were not able to use the free connection.
IN ANY CASE YOU HAVE TO PAY (AND SUBSCRIBE AT A ON LINE QUESTIONARY PREPARED BY IBIS) IF YOU WANT TO CONNECT INSIDE YOUR BEDROOM.

We think that everything in the hotel is made to make the IBIS spend the least they can, but the customer pays like if your were in a great hotel, and also all the extras are too expensive.
The internet advertisement sometimes don´t tell you clearly that you will spend more than you expected.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Edoardo P
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Generic chain hotel, poor service, and adequate breakfast. Our bathroom had a pretty bad smell when we arrived (the drains perhaps), when I mentioned it at the front desk I was handed a spray bottle for bad odours... not very impressive. I also had to go down and collect an iron and ironing board myself although this was typical of my hotel experience in Germany. Beds were comfortable although we had two singles which had been pushed together rather than a double and the pillows were good. Also has A/C.

Room Tip: Low floors probably best since the elevator is slow.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends