“Bamberg”

Ranked #4 of 40 Hotels in Bamberg
Brno, Czech Republic
“Bamberg”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

The room was very small compare to price. Window there was too small no. No daily light inside. It was very dark room. Hotel was very noisy during the night. I wouldn’t recommend it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MKK555
, Leiter Öffentlichkeitsarbeit at Ibis Bamberg Altstadt, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Dear Ibis-Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Ibis Bamberg am Schillerplatz. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Ramona Hummel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Vista, California
Reviewed June 1, 2012

First let me say that this hotel was booked for us, by someone else, and also very last minute. I believe it was the only place available in Bamberg.
My husband, 2 daughters (12 & 14), and I were traveling together, and we had to make a last-minute trip to Bamberg for my husband's business portion of the trip. Bamberg is a beautiful city with some great beer, so we were happy to go.
The hotel is right in the middle of the city, which was great, but noisy. While they had two rooms available for our family of four, the rooms were not adjoining. This is a huge issue for me. The rooms were very simple, but clean, and very small. The wifi in the room is not free, and neither is the sub-par breakfast. In fact, the breakfast was expensive when comparing it to the huge spreads we had at other hotels.
I think, for a single person spending one night in the city, this is an acceptable place, but I would not stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I stayed with my husband for only one night, the receptionist spoke in English to us (finally!!! it is really hard to find somebody in Bamberg that speaks English or at least makes the effort) a friendly receptionist, check in and check out fast and efficient, the room small but clean and perfect for one night, the only thing is that I requested a king size bed and got two single mattresses put together, didn't mind much however don't know why I had the option to choose that type of bed if in reality I am going to get something different.
All in all, we liked it and close to the city centre, I do recommend it.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed March 2, 2012

Security level low: Reception desk most of the time was unmanned. Anyone could just walk in unnoticed and use the elevator.
Free WiFi: only in lobby, extremely slow, password changed hourly. I gave up and used the DSL connected pc in the lobby, also extremely slow. Attached printer had an "out of order" sticker for three days.
Room: adequate small size and clean, but smelly.
Bathroom: smallish, origin of the bad smell, tiles in shower area not very sparkling.
Still, I only paid a low early booking rate for my stay, so didn't complain - but certainly expected a more professionally run hotel, like other Ibis'es I have stayed at.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Well situated very close to the main sites, it lacks unfortunately hygien. Dust, spots are everywhere. Rooms small but rational. If you come by car, you actually need to use their park place. Then, at the best rate, one room for 2 with breakfast is 81 euro when adding BF and parking to the min 49 euro of a room.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank comacqui
Great Neck, New York
Reviewed December 15, 2011

We stayed one night in this middle-of-town hotel while we visited this wonderful city. The two couples both feel a hotel room is someplace to sleep and change clothes so the rooms were ideal, even if a bit small. The staff was very helpful and the breakfast was satisfying. There is coffee available all day long in the breakfast room. Location is terrific for just walking around the city. We would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
AUCKLAND, NEW ZEALAND
Reviewed December 14, 2011

We were here for 3 nights in November. Excellent location right next to the old town.
A typical Ibis - good value, small room, clean and good breakfast.
At the end of the day, you get exactly what you pay for.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple