Tandem Hotel
Hotel Nepomuk(Bamberg)
$161
$145
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe riverlittle venicefresh fruitno liftfree wificheesetownbreakfastcomfortcentre
Reviewed September 22, 2013

The service and the hotel itself was wonderful. The rooms are beautiful. Small but efficient and very well maintained and spotlessly clean. One of the cleanest hotels we stayed in our entire two weeks of jaunting around Germany.

We had a late check in that we arrived a bit early for and had to call the hotel staff and they showed up quickly and apologized profusely (which was unnecessary as we were the ones there at the wrong time!).

Breakfast was a very nice european breakfast of bread, cold cuts, cheese and fruits. The staff really went out of the way to help us and direct us to restaurants and the like. The location is great for touring Altstadt and the churches etc. Really a great hotel that we would love to go back to again!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank sdhotwn
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I stayed at the Tandem earlier this month at the start of a Viking River Cruise. Since I booked my own travel I came in a day early and took the train from Frankfurt. Based on other posts, I had emailed to make sure that someone would be around earler in the day so that I could at least drop off my luggage. I arrived around 11:15 am and they had my room ready for me, which was not expected - but sincerely appreciated!

This is a fantastic location relative to the old town and all the sights. The staff were very helpful in recommending potential restaurants and places to visit that had great views of the city. I was even able to catch a festival on St. Michael's grounds with a traditional German Oompah band. The breakfast the next morning was excellent.

My main complaint was that the neighbors pulled a table outside and sat out until all hours drinking and arguing loudly directly under my window (which overlooked the river). The hotel is not air conditioned, so I had the windows open to catch a breeze. The lack of A/C wouldn't have been a problem (since there really was a nice breeze) except for the noisy neighbors - I ended up closing up the room at 1- 1:30 and was finally able to sleep.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank cjohn416
Reviewed May 25, 2013

The Tandem Hotel is a family run excellent place to stay for a holiday,Ideal location, quiet and yet close to all of Bamberg's amenities. The staff were exceptionally friendly and any request was greeted with a smile! Breakfast was a delight. The bedrooms were small but more than adequate. Beds comfortable ensuring a good night's sleep. Would have no hesitation recommending bamberg or The Tandem to anyone

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank susan a
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We were very happy with our stay at the Tandem. The rooms are new (at least where we were), very clean, and comfortable. Breakfast was good and the staff was very helpful and friendly. They were great in suggesting places to eat and have a beer and took care of all our requests right away.
As others have noted, there is no immediate parking on the property and they will suggest you park just down the road. No one seemed to mind when I parked on the sidewalk to offload our luggage, so this may be an option if you aren't afraid to drive over a curb. If you need assistance from the staff or have a special request for them, it is best to bring it up in the morning over breakfast as they do seem to disappear later in the afternoon. There is someone on the grounds that you can ring if miss them in the morning.
The location is great, you will be close to old town and plenty of places to eat.
We'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank WorldZombie
Reviewed December 16, 2012

As with other reviews that I completely agree with, the Tandem is in a great location for the old town just over the river, the local breweries, the tourist attractions of castle and cathedral. The room and en suite are adequate and spotlessly clean. However, there are reservations when it comes to providing hotel services and amenities. The breakfast cafe at the time of the year we visited ( December) closed after breakfast and so there was nowhere to sit, have a coffee or just relax. There is no tea or coffee making equipment in the room, no tourist information or hotel information and although the staff were polite and friendly, they too disappeared later in the morning. If you want a clean, modern room in a great location with none of the hotel 'extras' then you would be very happy with the hotel but it did fall short of our expectations of a place calling itself a hotel.

Room Tip: Overlooking the river at the front. Although it's on the road/ bridge, it was quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple