“THE BEST!!!!”

Constanzer Wirtshaus
Ranked #9 of 310 Restaurants in Konstanz
Reviewed July 16, 2017

My wife and I started and finished our Bodensee bike tour in Konstanz. On both occasions we paid a couple of visits to “Constanzer Wirtshaus". It is a typical German “Biergarten”and we think one of the best restaurants on the Lake.
If the weather is good seat outside, on the waterfront, with a beautiful view of the Rhine River and of the old city Konstanz. The draught beer is delicious. Try the “Helles”, a pale lager bier (0,5L for 2, 90€). As a starter try a cheese spread called Obazda, very good. As a main we ordered Schnitzel Spargel (19,50€) since it was asparagus season. We loved it!!!
On Sunday lunch in summer they do Steckerlfish that is a lake fish grilled on a stick over coal fire. You can watch they grill the fish. It was the best fish of our trip.
If you have space try the kuchen (pie) as a dessert.
Go there. You won’t regret it!!

Date of visit: June 2017

Reviewed July 12, 2017

The restaurant is based right at the river Rhine left from the Konstanz bridge. The beer garden gives you a great view.

Nice staff and fast service when it is not so busy but they struggle a little when the place is full. Came back twice. Once for a hot meal and once for an ice cream. Second one was a fancy lemon sorbet with berries which was super delicious.

The main meal was ok. We had Goulash with fried potatoes (15.80CHF) plus Roulade, green beans with mash (16.80CHF). 2 beers (0.5l = 5.80CHF) and a rose wine (6.50CHF)

Read more reviews on my travel blog world-wiser. com

Nice location to chill out lots of tables are under trees to avoid the heat.

Reviewed July 10, 2017

We stopped into the Wirsthaus for lunch because we were drawn to its waterside location and easy menu. We sat outside to enjoy the view of the boats and ordered some traditional German fare - a side salad and Weiner schnitzel for myself and my son and Schweinebraten for my husband. The food arrived very quickly and in enormous portions (2 schnitzels in the adult portion with a huge portion of some of the best potato-cucumber salad I have ever had). No one was able to finish their plates. The menu also features great local beers and wines that are priced moderately and poured generously. A nice casual German lunch by the water.

Reviewed July 1, 2017 via mobile

Good if you love German food. I would love to have a larger choice of open wines. Good quality / cost ratio.

Reviewed June 28, 2017 via mobile

Great location to sit on the waterfront (sic!) and watch the sunset while having typical German food. Season mushrooms were okay, not for my taste. Cold drinks were great.

Date of visit: June 2017