Hotel Petershof
Ko'Ono Hotel(Konstanz)
$158
$126
  • Restaurant
Aqua Hotel & Hostel(Konstanz)(Great Value!)
$111
$109
  • Breakfast included
$163
$313
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We stayed for three nights in this hotel and enjoyed it very much. The location is good as it is only a few minutes by car or bike to the old town. The staff was very friendly. Our rooms are well kept and spacious. Not used to having buffet breakfast at hotels when we travel, we were pleasantly surprised by the wide range of good quality food choices, including the do-it-yourself juice bar and waffle station, great selection of teas, and good coffee. The hotel restaurant was closed for the summer holiday so we did not have a chance to try it out. Wifi works fine for browsing but could be a problem if one wants to upload photos over the internet. There is no lift so need some strong arms for the luggage.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms at the two corners of the building.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gyywong
Reviewed July 16, 2012

My wife and I booked a double room ensuite months ago. We were surprised therefore to be on the highest 4th floor, in the attic, with a sloping ceiling. This began half way across my wife's bed (beds mid floor, parallel to outside wall, 2 singles pushed together = double). This severe height restriction was made worse by curtains attached to poles top (on the slope) and bottom (near the outside wall). Of course the curtains sagged - leaving only about a 5' ceiling height for a 6' man or a 5' 7" wife all down the side of the bed - so crouching required all the time for about third of room. And the curtains didn't actually work because of the sag - so let in a lot of light in down the sides in the early mornings.

Large window was skylight/Velux type. We wanted to leave it open because so hot up there but then let it in the regular heavy rain - and even shut, the rain was very noisy on the glass.

Room had all the home comforts except usable space, quietness, ability to lie in, and access (top floor and no lift). Certainly the worst room we had in 15 days of travelling round Lake Constance. It was a rip off in comparison

Rest of hotel very pleasant - nicely decorated, well kept, good breakfasts, staff very pleasant. About 15 -20 min walk from centre - okay in good weather.

Room Tip: Avoid 4th floor. Prob best on 1st - rest are long way up if carrying 22kg suitcases.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Stayed there for 4 nights and loved it. Very good, friendly and attentive service,clean, nice room (but no lift) and an amazing breakfast. Very healthy at that too, you can squeeze your own fresh carrot/apple/orange/juice, cook your own egg or bake a waffle, have Bircher Muesli or select your own choice, have the best Ham ever. Need to book a parking spot for your car well in advance, the streets are choked with cars during day/night. Quiet street though, mostly residents' cars.

Room Tip: Pizza shop, which provides drinks etc. and Bakery just across the road
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 9, 2012

This hotel is definitely a great choice. When I was looking for a place to stay in Konstanz I wanted something that was not too expensive, but at the same time, nice and friendly. After reading the reviews, I noticed that some people complained about the distance, but as I don't mind walking, especially in Germany (a safe country) and specially in spring (a nice season), I decided to stay at Petershof. When I arrived there, I was expecting to walk quite a lot, but was surprised that the hotel was actually not as far as I had thought. And the walk was very pleasant. We just had to cross a bridge and we were already in the city center. Plus, the hotel offers free bus ticket for those that don't want to walk.

Oh, and as some reviews say (and I totally agree) the breakfast was excelent, with plenty of choices and all of them delicious!

I was also very happy with the service. When I was back home, I noticed that I had forgotten my recharger in the room, but didn't tell them anything. After couple of days, I received my recharger by post with no cost.

This is definitely a place I would reccommend!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Gabriela M
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Booked at last minute and got 2 of the last three rooms left (unfortunately 4th floor and no lift) but still we were happy as most places full due to Swiss/German holidays. We left Zurch late and called ahead, the receptionist was due to leave at 9pm but stayed back and made us very welcome. The room for my wife and our two littel ones was very large and a had a huge bathroom and was very well fitted out. My wifes cousin and her 12 year olds room was a littlew small and shower only but still well appointed.

As stated by others breakfast was great and served until 1030am so very good given our late arrival.

they have gues parking across the road from the hotel and you can get water /snacks etc from a couple of pizza shops even late in the evening just up the road.

The provided a table top fan which as needed in our room being top floor and as the duvets were still for spring weather.

If we visit Konstanz again we will definetely stay here (even if the suit of armour on the 2nd floor landing scared our little ones). LOL!!

Room Tip: they book from ground floor up so try to book early as they have no lift
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family