See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 17, 2017

The design is cool and special .. The floor in the whole room is a wallpaper of water that makes you feel that you're walking on water and in general found in the atmosphere of the beach, the atmosphere of freedom. The receptionists had very refreshing wet wipes when we arrived.
Parking is 3 EUR but you can definetly park your car outside at the street for free.
Breakfast is OK.. The hotel is located couple of minutes drive to the center of Konstanz and I think you can easily managed there by walk within 20-30 minutes.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2017

I am satisfied about the price quality in general.
The greatest plus was the cleanliness and nice service.
A little more negative point is the reachability by public transport to/from the city centre. Luckily I did have a bicycle and a car over there, so it wasn't too much of a concern to me.
It only takes about 15 minutes to cycle or drive to the city centre.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed July 31, 2017 via mobile

When we get in, we had a double bed, instead two singles. Called the reception, problem solved.
Room was small and proper. It was very quiet, as it is in in the industry away from the city.
Wc was big enough.
To improve: deap cleaning from the windows, where we found a big spider. We managed! Maybe to lut some nets to protect from the insects?
The bed: miserable mattress. You could feel the support. Not very good. Why not to invest in something better, despite being a hostal&hotel?
General: for a hostal&hotel is very good and proper. Enjoyed the ambiance and the entrance.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed June 7, 2017

I hadn't booked anything in advance so this was the only reasonably priced place we could find. The lady on reception was pleasant to deal with and the room was clean and comfortable if a little basic. The decor of the place was certainly not to my taste but it was the theme of the hotel.

The biggest negative to this hotel is it's location. We walked for a good 30mins to get to the main part of Konstanz and although it is not the greatest length of time to spend walking, it does not lead you through any pretty places. We got a taxi back in the evening. Had we stayed in Konstanz more than one night I would have paid more and got a room elsewhere as the cost of taxis would have made it more expensive to remain here.

In summary, It was fine for one night but I wouldn't have stayed longer.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed May 25, 2017

I stayed in the 8-bed dorm (4 bunk beds). The beds were comfortable, it was clean and the staff were friendly. The dorm was en-suite; there was one room attached to the dorm for a shower and a separate room for the toilet.

The negatives are that the hostel lacks the hostel-type atmosphere that one often experiences elsewhere. A comfortable lounge and kitchen would go along way to improving the experience.

I didn't try the breakfast, as €7.50 was far too much when all I wanted was a pastry.

One simple practical suggestion I would like to make, is that hooks for towels should be installed in the toilet and shower. There is nowhere to hang your towel while showering.

Date of stay: May 2017