“Nice family run restaurant with very good food.”

Ristorante da Giuseppe
Ranked #43 of 281 Restaurants in Konstanz
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
“Nice family run restaurant with very good food.”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We saw the reviews and travelled a little out of our way to get there, is was well worth it as the food was very good and was a good price as well.

• Greek first
MD
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great Italian food in Germany”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

After several days of heavy German food, we were in the mood for something different. Giuseppe's was exactly what we needed! We sat in the biergarten in the back which was quiet and lovely. My daughter had the best pesto (homemade) I've ever tasted and my husband raved about his lasagna. The pizza's were typical thin, brick oven Italian style. The waiter was charming with his Italian and little bit of English. We highly recommend this restaurant for excellent Italian food and nice ambience!

Visited July 2012
1 Thank joynsun
New Jersey, USA
“Good Italian”
Reviewed June 23, 2012

We went for dinner and it was very crowded with locals. Prices were a bit high, service was a little slow but accommodating. Food was OK, but I would not go out of my way to return there.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank ALM54
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Bring cash with you.”
Reviewed May 11, 2012 via mobile

After seeing this restaurant receive 38 reviews on trip advisor and rate highly, we decided to walk from our hotel and give it a try. A few klm's later we arrived. We were looked after by a nice but somewhat pushy waiter who spoke reasonable English and seemed convinced that his menu selections were exactly what we wanted. This applied to the food and the wine. we did however manage to order the anti pasto dish we wanted.

We eventually gave in to his main meal selections and agreed to the grilled fish.

The anti pasto was very good, but consisted of mainly cured meats. The good thing were the little bread rolls made from pizza dough in the wood fire oven. It seems these are pumped out fresh from the oven and were the best bread accompaniment I've ever had.

The fish dish ended up being more of a seafood platter with prawns and calamari also turning up on a very large plate. My wife had the scallopine fungi which was also good but a bit too creamy.

The free grappa shot was also appreciated.

The sting in the tail came at payment time. They don't accept credit cards and I was directed up the street by the seriously non english speaking lady at the front. After 20 minutes walking around, I eventually found the cash machine and made my way back to the restaurant.

All in all, the meal was good, but we would be unlikely to ever return.

2 Thank Trevor G
philadelphia
“Italiano magnifico!”
Reviewed November 4, 2011

Such a great place to go. My boyfriend and I have been traveling the whole day in the city and were looking to eat dinner at the end of our day. I asked a few locals where they would recommend us to go to and shockingly 3 out of the 5 locals responded "Da Giuseppe", so we went there. Upon our arrival, we were warmly greeted, where the owner was very welcoming and did her best in translating. Her English was fairly good actually. She recommended 'Vegetariano' as our appetizer, 'Sapore di Mare' and 'Granravioli Albatrufel' as our entree, and 'Tiramisu' and ' Crema katalaha' as our desert. My boyfriend and I almost bit our fingers off while we were eating our food. We tasted the love, freshness, and quality in every bite. The scenary also added to our "romantic night". Additionally, I was shocked to find the bill to be so low in comparison to the prices found in Europe. I highly recommend this place and would go there again.

• Visited August 2011