“Best Food in Konstanz ”

Ranked #16 of 313 Restaurants in Konstanz
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 7, 2017 via mobile

It is not a big restaurant, a small mediterrain restaurant cooking Turkish and Greek foods, generally crowded it is not easy to find seats without reservation. Prices are low compared to other restaurants. You can find Turkish and Greek wines and Raki and ouzo, they also have german drinks. They have rich menu from pasta to borek, foods are very delicious, salads are fresh, and Helal foods. Depending your choice you may have to wait for sometime as it takes time to freshly prepare foods, so it is best to do reservation and let them know your order if you dont want to wait more. Waiters are smiling and helpful. Atmosphere is friendly. Toilets are clean. Location is not far from center. They don't have car park, it is better to walk there.

Date of visit: February 2017

Reviewed January 14, 2017

tl;dr This is a very busy restaurant, we had to wait 45 minutes for our first dish, so I would advise ordering some appetizers if you can't wait that long.

The service was actually not too bad. The waitresses were pleasant to deal with, and one in particular was actually quite friendly and welcoming.

Having waited 45 minutes for our first dishes, we felt like our food should have been more inspiring. My first friend found his food to be quite disappointing, while the other wasn't too bothered. Personally, the food was interesting to me as it was Turkish cuisine, something new. However, it didn't feel like a particularly compelling dish (the Sac Spezial).

Overall, while we didn't feel ripped off, we can't say we'll be returning to this restaurant any time soon (at least, with the group I came with, I'm curious to try more Turkish food).

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed January 4, 2017 via mobile

I eat there almost every week. The food is good and enough and cheap and the owner and staff are very nice. I like the vegetarian Musaka and some of my friends love the turkey stripes in cream sauce with potato chips.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed November 8, 2016

Plain, cozy, crowded place (very nice/comfortable on a cold day) with very friendly manager. typical Turkish dishes that are well prepared. We really like the roasted vegetable appetizer plate (Karısık Kızartması) with zucchini, eggplant and carrots plus a yogurt based dip, as I recall last time. with some pita. Then I had a Sac, which is sort of a sauteed mix of meat and vegetables, mine was chicken, other styles available, done up in a cream sauce. I think it is very good, but quite rich, so I ended up taking part home. My wife likes the Borek with vegetables (spinach, tomato sauce etc.--Ispanaklı Börek), but last time had the Güvec which is more of a tomato based sauce on lamb and vegetables. It is one of our favorites in Konstanz, like many of these places it also has pizza and pasta and some German style meals to serve everyone.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed August 2, 2016 via mobile

Family went to Defne for dinner. We got a nice large table in the back. Our server spoke very good English and helped us interpret the menu since they do not have an English version. We know some of the Turkish foods, so we made it work and we were very happy with our selections. They have a prety broad selection of foods. The food was very good, prices very reasonable. Their wine list is not real long, but does feature some Turkish wines, which can be quite good. Wine prices were very reasonable. The staff was wonderful with the children. Would happily go again.

Date of visit: August 2016