“Average Hotel with some disappointments”

Stuttgart Marriott Hotel Sindelfingen
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Sindelfingen
Reviewed February 5, 2014

I arrived at this hotel shortly after 6pm in the evening. I had a confirmed non-smoking king bed but upon check in I was assigned a twin bed on a smoking floor. The desk agent was quite unhelpful and continued to tell me she was giving me what was in the computer. The fact that I had a confirmed reservation for another type of room or that I'm a Marriott Platinum member did not seem to matter. The manager was of little help. He arrived and kept me waiting in the lobby for 20 minutes only to return to inform me he had found a room with a queen bed on the 5th floor. I think he thought I didn't know the 5th floor was the smoking floor. The hotel has seven floors....six are non-smoking and the 5th floor has both smoking and non-smoking rooms. After another 20 minutes the manager on duty assigned me a king non-smoking room on the concierge floor and told me three times that "someone else will have to go without". Not my problem---I had a confirmed reservation and I'm sure the hotel would gladly have charged my credit card if I had not shown up. The word "guaranteed" has a meaning and isn't optional. I'm sure the manager was trying to help but telling me that someone else would be put out a bad approach.

This is an older Marriott property that is in need of a refresh. Overall the room was satisfactory. The TV was old, however and was a tube not flat screen. The internet signal was somewhat unreliable. The fitness center is small and has a minimal amount of equipment in it. The executive lounge was a bright spot with excellent staff and good food.

I dined in the hotel lobby both nights of my stay and I found the food quality and the staff to be excellent.

Will I come back to this hotel? I'm honestly not sure. If I do I'll be sure to write the general manager an email and ask that he take personal interest in getting me the room I request.

Room Tip: Call ahead to confirm your room type.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Seattle0007
Martina G, Guest Relations Manager at Stuttgart Marriott Hotel Sindelfingen, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Dear valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for having taken the time to comment on your recent stay at our property. It is only through your feedback that we can monitor and improve our services and ensure your complete satisfaction.
We highly appreciate your loyalty towards our company and would like to thank you for being a Platinum Elite Marriott Rewards Member.

Many thanks about our food quality and the excellent staff in our executive lounge and hotel lobby. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience about your room type. I would like to ensure that fulfillment of needs of our Elite members is our highest priority.

I have forwarded your issue to the proper departments, so that it can be discussed with the employees on our daily trainings to press the importance. It is our highest ambition to meet and exceed the expectations of our valued guests.

We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future.

Best regards

There are newer reviews for Stuttgart Marriott Hotel Sindelfingen

Reviewed January 10, 2014

I stay at this Hotel every 3 or 4 months. After reading some of the Comments I have to say that I have never had a bad experience there. The Hotel was on the verge of closing this past June, investors antied up and they have started with the renovations. The whole Hotel will get new carpets, new TV's, light fixtures. All rooms will also be renovated. During the period of January to June 2013 many of the employees had to make a decision to stay and hope or seek employment elsewhere. The Hotel lost many good people but are now up to full staff and the new folks are awesome. Diverse backgrounds, almost all speak at least 3 languages (German and English for sure). I too travel alot and the review I read about bad Customer Service is way off, most folks that complain about bad service at this Hotel are probably always sour. The cleaning lady today asked me if she could carry my suitcase to the elevator for me. The Executive Lounge was just remodeled and has a more contemporary look now. Onward and upward, this Hotel will be new on the inside soon!! Katharina Barenthien is the new GM at the Hotel, she and her Team are commited to excellence and are doing everything they can to improve the Hotel in every aspect. Tomas Rado is the assistant Operations Manager and has his sleeves rolled up and determined to please!
The Hotel is near The Mercedes and Porsche Offices so many rooms are filled with Personel from both companies. Located in Sindelfing the city center is near with many shops and Restaurants. Stuttgart city center is close as well and is awesome to visit. There are many other Hotels nearby and in Stuttgart but if you want to be treated like a Celebrity you need to stay at the Marriott in Sindelfingen!!
The Executive Lounge is small but very funcional. The food they serve is both good and healthy, Lots of vegetables and Fruit. Breakfast is eggs, sausage or bacon, potatoes, varied fruits, traditional German Breakfast of breads, cheese, meats, cereals, and Juices.
Dinner time is different types of appetizers, chips, nuts, beer, wine, and coffee all day.
They also have a Steakhouse Restaurant downstairs that they bill as having the best steaks in the area, true statement! As a confirmed Carnivor it is hard for me to order a Steak anyplace in Europe as I am a Grill Meister, they are good though!!
The lounge on the first floor offers any drink you want and they also have a Bar Food menu which rocks.
Parking is good provided they do not have a full house. 2 floors of parking and I would suggest a small rental car.
They are well versed in the VAT form for the Military and since there is a large Military Community in Stuttgart they cater to families getting into Stuttgart with Laundry access and pets are allowed.
I Love Sindelfingen Marriott!!!!!

Room Tip: Pick an outside facing room. Front door faces North, square building with rooms having either facing...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Martina G, Guest Relations Manager at Stuttgart Marriott Hotel Sindelfingen, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Dear Mr. Baczynski,

thank you so much for your great comment about our hotel, service and staff.
Your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will inspire all of us to further
pursue a passion for service excellence.

We are looking forwar to welcoming you soon again!

Kind regards from Sindelfingen,

Martina

Reviewed January 2, 2014

We enjoyed our visit to this Marriott as gold members. They have wonderful customer service, nice lobby/restaurant areas but the rooms needed updating when we were there in 2011! Reading some current reviews - it sounds like that still hasn't happened. Location is good but update the rooms so you'll get higher ratings!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Martina G, Guest Relations Manager at Stuttgart Marriott Hotel Sindelfingen, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Dear Guest,
first of all let me thank you for the time you spent on giving us very valuable feedback.
It's always very nice to hear positive comments about the team of our hosts and I am personally very happy, that we've fullfilled your expectations. We are fully aware regarding
our rooms condition but at the same time we're very excited, because the rooms renovation
has been planned for 2nd quarter of this year. We hope to invite you back soon to our newly renovated rooms.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Having stayed in many marriot hotels, we booked this with confidence for a stay of 'known quantity' whilst travelling across Germany to our destination in Austria. It was poor on every level but mainly the lack of customer service and apathy we felt from the staff. On checkout we complained about our various complaints, which we had brought up with front desk during stay but were fobbed off (boiling hot room on a/c working, pathetic internet so unable to work) and staff member promised to get customer services to contact us. After a week had passed, with no contact, we rang the US ourselves and they tried to appease use. The complaint had obviously not been passed on at all, making us feel even angrier.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 11, 2013

I am a long time Marriott Gold member business traveler and have stayed at hundreds of Marriott hotels around the world. Chose this hotel based on the name, clearly did not do any research before coming (Marriott, should I really have to?).

This is not a Marriott hotel. This is a dated version of an Econolodge.

The hotel was last updated in the early 90s. Wear paths on the carpet, 21 inch box TV, enter the time machine back to 1991...

The bed is full of lumps, might as well spread your clothes out on the floor, lay a blanket over them and sleep on it...same comfort level.

They give you a 26 digit password for internet usage that has to be re-entered every time you re-open a computer or device. Only outlet plugs are hidden well back behind the desk (hands and knees kind of stuff), nothing even close to the bed.

Loud drilling noises all day, told I had to deal with it, despite trying to recover from jetlag.

Long and short, I'm more ashamed of Marriott for allowing this hotel to put his great name on this place. Clearly they have some long term contract with U.S. G.I.'s, which is allowing them to stay in business.

Stay in business or not, Marriott you are killing your brand. Do something...fast!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank TokyoConnection
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Currently staying here on a business trip and chose it for its good location (close to venue). Marriotts are normally quite good, but this one has done little to impress. The staff is friendly, however the reservation was poorly handled: two requests to alter name spellings ended up in more mistakes being put (thank heavens for reservation numbers). The rooms are quite small and outdated and have poor socket access to plug in mobile devices, the wifi is very patchy and extraordinarily expensive. The temperature control is completely wacky. There are two lifts for the entire hotel and be prepared to wait a while (especially if your key card doesn't work). There are no coffee making facilities in the room and the minibar is barren.
There is plenty on the breakfast buffet to chose from, but the food is bland and over-cooked.
We've all agreed that we have stayed in worse hotels, but they didn't cost us or our company €120 a pop, plus poor wifi for five days. Not happy

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank JujuWu
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

I keep wondering why people stay here as I look around. Why is this place so expensive?!
Wifi is additional and it works on and off.
Room doesn't come with coffee maker or a kettle, in fact, costs extra per day to get one!
They don't offer shuttle service to the S. So if you don't have a car you are stuck (or pay a really expensive taxi).
Parking is about €20 per day
Bed is comfortable, bed sheet had a cigarette burn.
It's not a completely horrible hotel. I just expect a lot more for what they charge.

• Stayed: November 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sindelfingen
Mercure Hotel Stuttgart Sindelfingen an der Messe
Pullman Fontana Stuttgart
Pullman Fontana Stuttgart
#13 of 146 in Stuttgart
Nordic Hotel Stuttgart-Sindelfingen

Been to Stuttgart Marriott Hotel Sindelfingen? Share your experiences!