“a nice stay”

Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Neuss
Reviewed March 14, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Mercure_TeamNeuss, Front Office Manager at Mercure Duesseldorf Neuss, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Reviewed March 11, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed March 1, 2014

I sayed here for 2 nights with my colleagues, and had two dinners and two breakfasts. Today I am in Ibis in Austria, and this Ibis does much better job than Mercure Dueseldorf-Neuss so far.
Cons: Building is so out-dated, no airconditioning control (at least I could not find one), flies in the room (even in winter?!), over-priced drinks and foods.
Pros: Wifi, rather helpful reception people

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank AlJones236
Mercure_TeamNeuss, Front Office Manager at Mercure Duesseldorf Neuss, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Dear guest,

first we want to thank you for your open words.
We regret that you couldn´t enjoy your stay in our hotel.
We are sorry that you made these experiences during your stay and we can understand your anger.
Your points of critism are very important because now it is possible for us to improve ourselves.
You can be sure that we are going to talk with the appropriate departments to find a solution.

Despite of your experience about our hotel we are looking forward to may welcome you again at our hotel.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

clean and big room, quiet place, very good breakfast, free wifi, low cost of garage (5 Eur /night), non smoking room available, nice and quiet lobby. Tea and coffee free 24/7 near lobby. AI had a bathroom with a tube - very comfortable.

Room Tip: there is no spa, no sauna; but there is a room for fittness - body building machine + tv set + iron...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Mercure_TeamNeuss, Im Auftrag der Direktion at Mercure Duesseldorf Neuss, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Dear Vladimir,

Thanks a lot for your open words and your positive feedback. We are delighted to hear that you had a good time in our hotel and that we could convince you of us and our services. But if you come again, you could also use our parking places in front of the entrance and behind the hotel free of charge.
We hope, we can welcome you again soon and wish you until then a pleasant time.

Kind regards,

Your Mercure-team

Reviewed January 16, 2014

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Mercure_TeamNeuss, Im Auftrag der Direktion at Mercure Duesseldorf Neuss, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Reviewed January 15, 2014

We booked this through a Christmas fair action and choosed a non-smoking room. We got a smokers-room, but at the reception we were told that the air was 'really clean'... well, it was disgustingly smelly... so we received another, much smaller room and to compensate a coupon for a free glühwein in the bar. As I don't drink, I asked for a coffee instead, but that was not possible... we had to pay for that separately and got a cup of something what a few hours earlier probably was fresh coffee.
So service was bad, room and breakfast were okay. but we're not coming back...

Room Tip: ask for non-smoking!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Richard,

first we want to thank you for your review. We regret your bad experiences during your stay and want to excuse us for them. We can understand you anger, especially the point with the smoking room. We always try to meet the preferences of our guests, but when we are fully booked, this is sometimes not possible.
In cases like that we offer a smaller but nonsmoking room, normally a single room instead of the smoking room and also the voucher for a free drink. We are very sorry for the treatment in the hotelbar. Our service staff had to be more cater to your needs. This was not OK and of course we will talk to them and try to organise these situations better.
We hope now, you will give us the opportunity to convince you to the contrary. We know, we made mistakes, but we will give our best to change ourselves.
We would be very happy to welcome you again and until then we wish you the best and remain with kind regards from Neuss.

Your Mercure team

Reviewed October 22, 2013

This hotel was booked as most others closer to Dusseldorf were full. I accepted this and made the booking as a Platinum Le Club member.

I checked in and went to my room which was tiny! I was not recognised as the top tier of customer in their loyalty programme but most of the time that doesnt matter unless they treat me poorly

I asked for the room I had booked to be told that they were sold out and my room which had a double bed and a sofa in it had gone. They claimed they had upgraded me to a business room. No internet access as its too high!

I had prepaid for 2 days and stated I would be leaving in the morning. The bathroom was dirty and looked poor.

I had a meal in the Restaurant which I have to say was very good indeed

Check out was a laugh as I had asked why they didnt recognise my status and why the place was dirty. Terrible place to stay. The Hilton took my booking and looked after me royally.

Room Tip: Insist on what you book and check they have internet in the room. Business rooms without the interne...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business