“Don't hesitate, book this hotel”

Nestor Hotel Ludwigsburg
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Ludwigsburg
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Staff: professional, helpful, friendly
Breakfast: plenty of everything and excellent
Rooms: nice and clean
Things to visit: Residenzschloss, Schloss Favorit, Heidelberg and Baden-Baden (both 1 hour drive)

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
nestorLB, Manager at Nestor Hotel Ludwigsburg, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Dear guest

We thank you for your kind attention paid to the evaluation of our hotel.
We are pleased that we met your demands. Your compliment regarding our staff pleased us very much, too.

We would be very happy to welcome you again very soon.

Jörg Grede.
General Manager & the team of the nestor Hotel Ludwigsburg

Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel and location however I won't be hurrying back (and I'm not the one paying the bill!)
Made two reservations both on the same day and were quoted the same room rate however my colleague had breakfast included I didn't ; I questioned this with reception and the response was 'you must pay for breakfast!'
Anyone staying here will learn very quickly everything you expect from a nice hotel is EXTRA; I'm really surprised they don't charge extra for toilet paper in the room!
Chargeable Extra's I have found so far:-
1) On site car park
2) Internet
3) Breakfast ( depending which staff member you talk too )

Advice; plenty of other nice hotels in the area.

Roy

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Mrrdean
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Hotell itself is Excellent unless you think about the internet.

There is free WiFi only in lobby, that absolutely sucks - sometimes it took several minutes to load a web page.

Paid WiFi in hotell room only allows to use one device - it is not worth what they charge from you.
If you try to use more than two devices, then you'll be unable to use neither of them. They stated that you should log out from one device, but nobody at the lobby can tell you how to do it.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank uats
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night. Did not see much of the hotel as we went out to eat (see review) but it was very friendly indeed, clean and bright. The rooms are generous in size. I had a room normally used for disabled visitors - very good bathroom except the shower when had a curtain but I guess that was to allow easy access.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 2, 2013

First, let me say that this is a very beautiful hotel conveniently located walking distance from the palace, downtown restaurants, shopping, etc. On the day of arrival our waiter suggested we try the buffet. One trip to the buffet was all we got - by the time we were finished with trip 1 the staff was clearing away the buffet. The waiter did ask if we wanted anything else from the buffet, and he could get it for us. We declined, but I helped myself to some espresso that was located to be part of the buffet and was still operational. Later I discovered I was up-charged for the espresso.

I tried to hit the bar later in the evening, but just couldn't get service. I always find it silly when I can't get service in a hotel bar, arguably the most profitable operation of the hotel.

We ate out most of our stay - the food was outrageously priced. We did have the breakfast on departure day - nothing to write home about.

So -- conclusion. I rate hotels by how well I slept there. I slept like a baby. The pricing of the hotel itself was fine, the location great. Design, decor, friendliness of staff -- very nice. If you skip all the other amenities and just eat/drink elsewhere then this place is a great find.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank johngannonlasvegas
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Overall, this is a nice hotel, with a good restaurant, in the very nice town of Ludwigsburg. My room was large, the entire facility is well maintained and clean, and the service is good. However, I found it very annoying that everything is extra, from the over-priced 17 Euro breakfast (food was good, but not 17 Euro good) to having to pay 10 Euro for wifi. Given that their prices are not cheap to begin with, why the greedy attitude? Location offers many nice places to eat within a short walk and it is a 10 minute walk to the train station, which is not bad, although I did not love doing it at 11:00 at night.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kevin S
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel where everything is extra
Breakfast cost 17€ pp
Internet access is available for 35€/24

We asked to extend for 1 night and we were asked to pay 50 € more than the night before.

So we just left

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank alfio1949
nestorLB, Manager at Nestor Hotel Ludwigsburg, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your comment.

The daily price for the Internet is 12,50 €, but 30 min/ per day in our Lobby is for free.

We hope to welcome you soon again in our Hotel.

With kind regards