Balance-Hotel
  • Restaurant
Schwarzmatt Hotel(Badenweiler)
$273
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I've stayed in this numerous times over the course of the last 10 months. Having stayed in hundreds of Hotels on 4 continents, this one stands out as what I would put as the 'most authentically beautiful' Hotel I've been to. Located in the enchanting town of Badenweiler in the Black Forest, with walking distance to the Roman Hot Springs Spa, this place has an energy one rarely comes across anymore. The owner and staff have always made for her guests to have very personal stay. The breakfast buffet is an all organic, rustic feast that's always been lovely arranged. My experiences at Dining were also pleasant, only once a vegetarian 'Grünkorn' patty didn't really impress my taste buds. The rooms are clean and have a touch of zen ( Zen, a word that fits the overall vibe of the Hotel in my opinion, and makes this hotel stand out from other places in this area ). Most importantly, I have always felt welcome and appreciated upon my return to the Balance Hotel. I will be back :)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Valerie S
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I've stayed in this hotel on October 2012 for 7 nights with my wife. We were visiting the black forest in Germany and Alsace in France. The Hotel was renovated laetly and is very clean. The staff is friendly and responsive, the service is very good. we liked the food and the relaxed atmosphere of the place. I agree with a review I've read about this hotel "swiss quality hotel in Germany"

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Yacroz
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I stayed with my wife in this beautifully restored hotel in June 2012. We booked on the day, having travelled from nearby Alsace and received a free upgrade to a superior room. Very friendly Swiss hotel owner and staff; excellent quality beds ensuring a superb nights rest, stylish very useful furniture, beautiful high quality bathroom and very good very diverse breakfast, even including proper Bircher Muesli.. Superb location in walking distance to my favourite German spa, the Cassiopeia Therme. Wifi worked well for surfing, for Skype moving closer to the router was necessary. The hotel primarily caters for burn-out / stressed-out people who come for retreats of one to several weeks, there is a strong buddhist / retreat feel to the place, which we perceived as very nice. I looked at the Hotel Schwarzmatt, a Chateau and Relais hotel nearby where the beds were very poor quality, the rooms much smaller and the price double ... I would recommend this hotel highly and will certainly come back.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank WWBristol
Reviewed January 22, 2012

We stayed in a few days in a snowy winter week. The setting could not have been more beautiful and romatic. The hotel is nice, quiet, clean. The staff are friendly and helpful. Good value.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank kaal_dhamaal
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We had a nice stay, and the staff was friendly and keen to help. Room was quiet and clean, balcony good with a beautiful view of the town. Brakfast adequate and rich. Only minus: the sauna was NOT included in the price (10 Euros), which was not indicated in the site where we made the reservation. Spa area and sauna very small.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple