“Coasteering for all the family”
Review of Harlyn Surf School

Harlyn Surf School
Ranked #2 of 5 things to do in St Merryn
More attraction details
Owner description: Watersports centre based on the stunning north cornish coast at award winning Harlyn bay. Specialising in surfing, stand up paddleboarding, coasteering and sit on top kayaking tours as well as instructor training and lifesaving/first aid courses
Reviewed October 29, 2013

All the other companies tell you £40 minimum pp because of insurance?
Family deal for four for three great hours of coastline adventure was £130. We went with two great guides and two families of mixed ages. All you need is a sense of fun and to be a competent swimmer. The rest is perfect family time. Rock climbing and jumps, whirlpools, private caves and 'secret' pools and beaches. Thank you. Late October and we did not feel the cold at all.

All reviews
"any age"
"half term"
"safe beach"

Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Took the company on a bit of a bonding surf lesson! Two hours of great fun and we even stood up! Beautiful location, great coaches and awesome fun! Highly recommend it!

1  Thank VeryFussyTraveller
Reviewed September 16, 2013

An excellent two day stag adventure experience SUPING, COASTEERING, KAYAKING and above all just having Fun.

We had a mix group of abilities and interests in our 22 man party, so having the choice of activities and the scope to cater for our group was such a relief. As an avid watersports person it is worth mentioning they have a FAB range of quality equipment that wasn't at all beaten up even though it was at the end of the season. The wetsuits looked brand new!

We opted to Stand Up Paddle Board and Kayak on the first day from their Camel Estuary base in Padstow and Coasteered from Harlyn beach the following day. Both locations are fantastically safe, brilliant for photographs, stunning scenery and really easy to getting to from our accommodation. The instructors hit the right balance between instructing and guiding + you can pay and get the whole experienced filmed properly. We had an awesome time even thought the wind howled on the last day. There was nothing better than seeing people who didn't know one another good friends at the end.. Makes for a great wedding.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

4th of august 2012 ,
I had a lesson on my final day of harlyn :( , it was a good lesson however I found that surfing doesn't happen within just 1 lesson. The instructors were fab, they were friendly and helpful, and despite having to help the whole group they still helped individuals who couldn't grasp it, I was in fact one of them people. they made our last day a good day and taught me how to come back to shore on a board just not standing x