“Expensive!!! But Fab!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St Merryn
Mother Ivey's Bay Holiday Park
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Don't get me wrong this caravan site is wonderful and I agree with all the positive comments but you do get what you pay for and yes it's very expensive £1300 for one week in August I think is very expensive. I know what your all thinking. If you don't like it then don't pay it. I wish I didn't have to pay it but I need my mother Ivey fix every year. Please drop the prices Mother Iveys???

• Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank matthew b

Reviewed August 19, 2013

This campsite is a must visit for families seeking a safe and tranquil setting for kids and adults alike. The site has it's own private beach only accessible via the campsite it's self, and is fantastic for all campers. A short walk will take you down to Constantine Bay where the kids can rock pool to there hearts content, along with body boarding, surfing etc.
The site operates a strict lights out, noise down policy from 11 pm so if partying is your plan this site is not for you....other wise it's a must.
The only disappointment is the camp shop ( which I think is independent to the site itself ) we found apart from being a little on the expensive side, the ladies running it or working in it were some of the rudest and grumpiest shop workers we have ever experienced, so much so we didnt use after day 3.
This is the only reason I have down graded this from 5 stars.....!!!!!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Steve B
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Well, we managed to secure a late booking on B74 for 5 days...have just returned relaxed, refreshed and recharged. An extremely tranquil site, relaxed environment with a happy atmosphere. The beaches and coastal walks are stunning and we felt blessed to have access to them. We are a couple with a dog and the staff made us all very, very welcome. They were friendly and helpful and couldn't do enough. Ignore the negative comments, they clearly did not read the booking information properly. We chose the site because the owners have worked really hard to create a haven for everyone.....facilities excellent, loved the recycling areas and the Chough Bakery supplies, perfect for fuelling seaside adventures. If you are looking for a holiday reminiscent of those from your childhood this is the site for you. This was our first visit but next year we will be coming back and aim to rent one of the caravans overlooking the sea...can't wait. THANK YOU for all your hard work, we had a blissful break.

Room Tip: Read the booking details, this site is for couples or families who want to relax, unwind and enjoy t...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Deborah A
Reviewed August 15, 2013

My father takes me to MIB every year, we normally go during the first or second week of the school holidays. I look forward to it every year and we normally camp on a luxury or deluxe pitch. I just wanted to mention that I have never been able to take a shower without queing not even at 10,30 at night I also have to que in the morning to use the toilets. This year my mum complained to the management about the bins in the ladies being full but no one listened and they stayed like that for 2 days or more. Our friends also mentioned the family showers were disgusting in the morning?
My dad pays a lot of money every year to camp here and has done for many years but for as long as I can remember the main toilet blocks have remained the same and he always complains to us about them.. I know I will not be able to change my fathers mind about trying somewhere else and if the truth be known I don't want to but please MIB do something with the main toilet blocks it's the only bad bit that stops it being the best campsite .

Jamie aged 14

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Jamie B
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Just got back from 16 nights in our trailer tent in Mother Ivey's Bay, and all I can say is that none of the family wanted to leave!
The campsite is lovely; well laid out and tastefully planted with shrubs and flowers, and the facilities there are brilliant. The shower blocks are clean and smart, and there was always plenty of hot water. The childrens play area has recently been upgraded and my 9 & 11 year old children loved it. Another plus is the other campers who go there; most of whom had been coming there for many years. Everyone we met was friendly and relaxed and seemed to be enjoying their family holiday. It is a quiet site with no entertainment, etc, which makes it ideal for families with younger children; even the teens seemed to relax and just enjoy the freedom without any unnecessary rowdyness.
One big advantage for the campsite is the beach that is pretty much part of the site itself. This is a perfect family beach, not too big that you loose the kids, but large enough for them to have plenty of space to play in the surf or jump off the rocks :-). We all agreed that there was no real reason to go anywhere else; we hardly left the campsite for the whole 2 weeks! Booby's and Constantine Bays are both within a 5 minute walk, so if you did get bored of Mother Ivey's Bay, you can try them at any time.
One of the reasons that we will be going back here year after year is the staff. They look after the place like it is their own, taking pride in the upkeep and can't seem to do enough to help when asked. They were always smiley and prepared to engage in friendly banter, making me and my family feel like we were personal friends. A big thank you has to go to Jim, Phil, Tracey and Harley the Red Setter, who went out of their way to help when my health problems caused issues.
We are already looking at next year's holiday here and trying to find a way to squeeze in 3 weeks this time.......

Room Tip: The Square is a good community area, and Booby's field is more open.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2013

well we have stayed in some caravan sites BUT MOTHER IVEYS BAY HOLIDAY PARK is the best in England. so clean even doggie caravans are 1st class. No mould as we have found in caravans on other sites. the boss of this site would be a good trainer for other companies that own sites. WELL DONE TO ALL staff who work so hard. To have manicured gardens in which caravans stand is so lovely. We will be back and will tell everyone how wonderful MOTHER IVEYS IS.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Just come back from our Holiday at Mother Ivy Bay, Stayed in the meadows camping again, weather perfect and large camping spot with fantastic view looking out to sea, right by the new park which is fantastic for the kids mine really enjoyed the zip wire and swinging basket , As always the Park is spotless with well kept gardens and amazing flowers.

Toilet and shower block in the meadows kept clean and tidy, and so are the Palace shower block which have large family shower rooms which are perfect for my family and the bonus of hot showers. The staff as always very friendly and the little shop has everything you need if you have forgot something. Every Wednesday Mother Ivy hold a charity BBQ on their private beach to raise money for the life boat, ( weather permitting) GO the food was yummy local meat we had the steak sandwich and hamburger our friends had Chili (veggie) very nice, take some chairs and drinks as lots of people go and spend a few hours their watching the sun set as kids play in the sea and sand heaven!!!

Boobies beach again your aloud to take your dogs to so perfect for our family, great beach with lots to do amazing rock pools, even some large enough to swim in or jump of rocks into, great for body boarding and surfing, take a picnic with you!

Also visit Padstow again on our last evening to go crabbing and have yummy fish and chips , and go on the fantastic speed boats £6.00 per person but worth it the drivers are mad JAWs is the best boat you get very wet. They also have longer boat trips to see Dolphins and other wildlife too!

Once again our family had a great time at Mother Ivy Bay , meeting up with friends that we had meet at Mother Ivy in the past and meeting new friends too! this campsite is great for families and i like that they shut the park when the sun sets and that it is quite time at 11 and they do stick to this rule, but by 10 most nights you are so tired from a fab day at the beach you are sound asleep.

See you next year Mother Ivy !!!!!!

Room Tip: They have Caravans for hire too
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Perran Sands Holiday Park - Haven
Newquay View Resort
Newquay View Resort
#3 of 78 in Newquay

Been to Mother Ivey's Bay Holiday Park? Share your experiences!