“Mother Ivy Bay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St Merryn
Mother Ivey's Bay Holiday Park
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Well my step dad has been coming since he was a young boy and then took us to this gem of a campsite. Perfect old fashioned camping in the meadows is what we like and have been doing for years. What brings us back each year well the list is huge. The staff are friendly and always willing to help. The pitches are a fantastic size with amazing views and the private beach is fantastic and great to sit on at night and each hot dogs and listen to the waves whilst your kids dig sand castles. The fresh bread and other treats each morning are a bonus too! The showers are clean and tidy and we always go in peek session and its not that bad for the showers. The kids love the little park and love that they can ride their bikes safely around the camp. I love that the campsite has rules for quiet time after 11.30 as i can tell you from all the sea air and time spent having fun on the clean and amazing beaches you are so tired. Anyway as you can guess we are huge fans of this campsite and will return for as long as the site is up and running.

looking forward to my summer hols and meeting up with the friends we have made over the years coming to this site. Campbells, cruickshanks

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Samantha P

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Iv visited Mother iveys twice now, both times staying in the meadows centre field camping. the pitches are large enough for a good size tent, gazibo etc.

staff are friendly and very helpful, my car battery died and they very kindly sent the tractor with the jump leads and 2 helpful men to start me up again.

the site is very quiet with not alot to do within walking distance but the walks along the tops to nearby beeches are beautiful.

the private beach is definately the most beautiful beach iv visited in england and is a must see.

Its tempting to return year after year.

thanks mother iveys

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Becoid
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We decided on a caravan holiday after our last camping holiday towards the end of the Summer was cut short by bad weather. I expected a caravan, but was surprised to find that a 'static caravan' is more like a chalet. The accommodation was in very good condition, surprisingly so since we had requested to bring our dog with us, and it was very well equipped: The master bedroom even had an en-suite!
The area is amazing, bleak, but dramatic and we had several walks from the site along the coast to local sea-side villages.
The site is excellently managed: There are recycling waste bins everywhere and these are emptied daily. There are site personnel on hand, always busy tending to this and that. The signage is clear and the facilities really good.
The camp shop has everything you need at reasonable prices... they also sell pasties from the local Chough Bakery which taste like heaven.
The only possible criticism is that the launderette seemed quite expensive, not that we used it.
A very well delivered high-quality experience that leaves you keen to return.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Davem90
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I have been coming to Trevose every year since I was a boy and my family were very friendly with the Tummon family and now I am almost retired and I cannot find a more stunning venue than Mother Ivey's Bay in Cornwall. I always stayed at Mother Ivy's Camp Site until last year when I just had enough of being treated like an unwelcome intruder by the staff. If I had a question to ask it was treated as I should already have the answers. The spot where we had to site our caravan was poor (ground conditions). It came to a head when my son arrived to join us after travelling from the north of england was told that he could not get in as it was past midnight. I am very sad and will not be returning.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
18  Thank barry_m794393
PCL2020, Owner at Mother Ivey's Bay Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Dear barry_m794393

Thank you for your review and in particular your generous praise of our stunning location.

You have been coming since your childhood and you have grown to love Mother Ivey’s, so it really is a great shame to read about your bad experience and that you will not be returning. Unfortunately however, as your review has been posted almost a year after your holiday, I regret that I am unable to comment on the specific detail from memory. That said, our touring occupancy will have been well below capacity during your November holiday and therefore, had we known you disliked your pitch then we could have provided an alternative. Also, at this late stage I can only apologise that you felt like an ‘unwelcome intruder’. Many of my staff have been with me many years and all staff receive training in customer care, so they have a wealth of experience and training in customer service.

You also mention that your son could not get in as it was past midnight, but that is surely a good thing? The majority of our customers are regulars like yourself, and they value the fact that we shut our gates at midnight, after which access is restricted to emergency vehicles and pedestrians. This helps create a safe environment, providing peace and quiet around park at a time when most people wish to sleep. We truly value all our customers, but on this point feel it is a little unfair that you wished to be treated as a special case. While your son could not drive his car on to park after midnight, he could still walk on to park.

Finally, I would like to thank you for your custom over the years and wish you well, wherever you choose to holiday in future.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

The only bad bit is leaving there, staff are outstanding,accom. v. clean and excellent quality and the grounds and beach are superbly maintained and Mr Punch on wheels must be great for the kids,Patrick please maintain your team and the high standards and we look forward to 2013 and being welcomed by Tamar and Rita.... Rob and Marina

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Great location for touring the North West coast of Cornwall, awesome beach a two minute walk from the campsite, friendly and helpful staff, dog friendly and clean amenities all made for a wonderful stay at Mother Iveys Bay I would definitely reccomend and stay again! =]

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank HchyB
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Having driven round the site last year and thinking wow, we have just returned from MIB and were not disappointed. 13 of us, most staying for 2 weeks were all really delighted with the static caravans and the friendliness of all the staff. The site is perfectly sited for the fabulous beaches including its own Mother Iverys Bay Beach down the path.

The first visit to Cornwall in many years where our cars didn't need to move except for popping to Tesco for provisions in Padstow and even then we could have managed with the little shop on site if needed. We have all completely fallen in love with the site and already put in our forms to return next year.

Can't thank the staff enough for keeping the vans and gardens in such immaculate condition. See you September 2013, 15 coming next year if there is availability xx

Kindest and Fondest regards

from the Wilde's, Mellors', Costick's and Swann Families

Please note I put excellent for swimming pool and fitness centre even though these aren't provided but I know if they were that they would be excellent. A nice little outdoor pool would be a fantastic addition to the site :)

Room Tip: Well worth paying a bit more to have a gold van, 319 is a fantastic 6 berth van with a fantastic vie...