At £80 bed and breakfast (midweek) this is terrific value.
The bedrooms are lovely and I got free wi-fi, plus a plasma tv with all the freeview channels.
The cooked full English breakfast was fine, although I initially asked for the "haddock" alternative, to be told that they didn't have any?
The duvet was small and flimsy, and the double bed was a small size, but other than that, this was great value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 17th-century listed hall is set in 24 acres of parkland, just 5 miles from the A1(M)Junction 63. Beamish Hall is situated halfway between the City of Durham (8 miles) and the City of Newcastle upon Tyne (8 miles). Beamish Hall is next door to Beamish Museum - The North of England's Open Air Museum. Close to the Gateshead Metro Centre Shopping Centre and many more alternative attractions for you to visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Travelocity so you can book your BEST WESTERN Beamish Hall Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beamish Hall Country Hotel
- Beamish Hall Country Stanley
- BEST WESTERN Beamish Hall Hotel England