This was our stopover in Durham, chosen because it is close to Beamish Museum, which itself is a definite must if in the area.
Hotel itself is quite an imposing old building, set in own grounds, well worth exploring if only to work off the lovely breakfast. Our bedroom was large, with nice ensuite.
No leisure facilities but we were too tired anyway, staff were very friendly and attentive, you find that around here a lot. Would go back but not sure when.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 17th-century listed hall is set in 24 acres of parkland, just 5 miles from the A1(M)Junction 63. Beamish Hall is situated halfway between the City of Durham (8 miles) and the City of Newcastle upon Tyne (8 miles). Beamish Hall is next door to Beamish Museum - The North of England's Open Air Museum. Close to the Gateshead Metro Centre Shopping Centre and many more alternative attractions for you to visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Best Western Beamish Hall Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beamish Hall Country Hotel
- Beamish Hall Country Stanley
- Best Western Beamish Hall Country House Hotel England