My husband had booked a weekend stay at the Beamish Hall Hotel as a Christmas gift for me to be enjoyed in March. This included two nights B&B with one evening meal to be taken at the Stables restaurant.
Overall we had a lovely, relaxing weekend break. Just what was needed after a long week at work!
It is a stunning hotel from the outside and it is lovely turning up the drive and getting the first glimpse of this impressive looking building. Inside it is decorated in keeping with the period and style of this hotel. I think that in some places it may start to need a bit of attention on the decorative front (some of the passageways and back door to the courtyard area) however on the main it was a lovely hotel.
Our welcome to the hotel by the reception staff was excellent. They were very efficient and helpful and we were checked in very quickly. Any questions throughout our stay were dealt with in the same manner. One apparent issue being when we locked ourselves out of the room!
Our room was comfortable, clean and well presented with good amenities. We had a beautiful wooden bed, wardrobe, dressing table and desk all in keeping with the traditional and period theme of the hotel. Our bathroom was more modern with a bath and very powerful shower. We had room 1 on the ground floor. There are only four bedrooms in this area so we found it to be quiet as there weren't many people passing by, plus we only had one neighbouring bedroom. Additionally, we were close enough to still enjoy the free wifi from reception!
The Stables is a cosy and welcoming bar/restaurant. We enjoyed a few drinks on both afternoons during our stay and had a pleasant evening meal as part of our package. The customer service from all staff in the Stables was excellent. Everyone was happy and willing to help no matter how busy it was. It seemed to have a good flow of customers throughout the day and was busier on an evening with guests and non guests of the hotel. A lovely place to stay and have a relaxing drink/meal.
Breakfast in the Eden room was a pleasant way to start the day. It is a beautiful room with lovely views across the gardens. Again staff customer service was excellent. A special mention to Tony who welcomed us on both mornings and explained how it all worked and where everything was. Breakfast itself is nice but won't blow you away. There is a self serve section for continental style breakfast and you can also order hot breakfast meals including a traditional cooked breakfast.
We had a great stay and would highly recommend this hotel for a weekend couples break.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 17th-century listed hall is set in 24 acres of parkland, just 5 miles from the A1(M)Junction 63. Beamish Hall is situated halfway between the City of Durham (8 miles) and the City of Newcastle upon Tyne (8 miles). Beamish Hall is next door to Beamish Museum - The North of England's Open Air Museum. Close to the Gateshead Metro Centre Shopping Centre and many more alternative attractions for you to visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Best Western Beamish Hall Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beamish Hall Country Hotel
- Beamish Hall Country Stanley
- Best Western Beamish Hall Country House Hotel England