Our room was ground floor and on a corner so we didn't experience the noise that some of our party had to endure. The bathroom was HUGE! A massive double bath and walk-in shower. The room was big, nicely decorated and furnished well though I would rather have had a dressing table that I could have sat at to dry my hair and do my make up than the huge chest of drawers with a halogen spotlight over. There were 4 chairs in a double room which seems odd but the room was very nice. The only thing letting the room down was the bed. Whilst the mattress was comfortable the bed itself felt tiny. Now, I'm a big girl and my hubby is tall so a small bed with a foot board is a recipe for disaster. I'm sure 'normal' folk would be fine but it wasn't fun. Breakfast was a little disappointing; anemic bacon, cold plates and overcooked eggs but I've had worse. Most outstanding element, by a long chalk, were the staff. They were friendly, helpful and a delight to deal with.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 17th-century listed hall is set in 24 acres of parkland, just 5 miles from the A1(M)Junction 63. Beamish Hall is situated halfway between the City of Durham (8 miles) and the City of Newcastle upon Tyne (8 miles). Beamish Hall is next door to Beamish Museum - The North of England's Open Air Museum. Close to the Gateshead Metro Centre Shopping Centre and many more alternative attractions for you to visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Beamish Hall Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beamish Hall Country Hotel
- Beamish Hall Country Stanley
- Best Western Beamish Hall Country House Hotel England