On arrival our check in was quick and pleasant. Our deluxe room overlooked the front of the hotel and was spacious, clean and nicely decorated with period furniture.
The Stables bar and restaurant was decorated beautifully for Christmas. We had a delicious meal and my husband enjoyed trying the local beers from the micro brewery. The restaurant had a relaxed atmosphere and service was good. The menu had a variety of choice and used locally sourced ingredients.
Unfortunately we did not sleep very well due to noise from other guests, heat and a small bed which my husband could barely fit in.
Breakfast was included and had a reasonable choice. The breakfast room was nicely appointed but could do with a clean as there were empty party poppers lying on the floor and dust everywhere.
Overall I would recommend the hotel to people visiting Beamish Museum as it is literally across the road. Staff were mostly very friendly and the Stables bar and restaurant are good value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 17th-century listed hall is set in 24 acres of parkland, just 5 miles from the A1(M)Junction 63. Beamish Hall is situated halfway between the City of Durham (8 miles) and the City of Newcastle upon Tyne (8 miles). Beamish Hall is next door to Beamish Museum - The North of England's Open Air Museum. Close to the Gateshead Metro Centre Shopping Centre and many more alternative attractions for you to visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Beamish Hall Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beamish Hall Country Hotel
- Beamish Hall Country Stanley
- Best Western Beamish Hall Country House Hotel England