“my experience was bad”

Matterhorn Golf Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Randa
Reviewed January 4, 2013

1. i booked a double deluxe room and i was given a double standard.
2. i was forced to accept a second bed for my child even if it wasnt a mandatory condition.
3. only 5 TV channels were working for us.
4. internet connection was horrible - the connection was interupting all the time in our room.

i told him not to put the bed in the room because the room he gave is smaller than the one we PAYED for with 4 months in advance and the place would become even smaller.

people have the rigth to express their opinion about your hotel man. for example your singer in the restaurant, in my opinion, is horrible! i could hear him all the time i was entering the hotel and i was annoyed.

as a general opinion i made, if you dont eat at his restaurant, you dont exist for the owner. for example i wanted to ask him something in the evening about the roads, and he pushed me out of the restaurant telling me why am i bothering him, he is bussy with the restaurant, he does not have time for me.

then he sents me emails calling me misserable :((

Room Tip: we booked a double deluxe, and we received a standard room. whats tips can I give you?
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank ffmihai
Maurizio M, Owner at Matterhorn Golf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2013

In my hotel is not possible to book for 2 and to come in 3, this bluff is not permitted. You have tried to come in my hotel and to bluff and to escape without to pay the tourism taxes. You had the official position of booking.com so we have decided to charge your card for the difference. About your feed back we are the first hotel in Switzerland with the global internet television, so 5 digital channels more of 1.000 on the satellite and more 200 by internet. If you are not able to use the TV remote control, what I have to do?
Internet is for free and your firewall is able to disconnect the ip address when the guest use internet not correctly or when try to force private pages.
About the restaurant problems my opinion is: No anybody is entitled to enter in the kitchen during the dinner, at 21.00 in the evening you come in my restaurant full of people during a candle dinner to ask me, the chef, to print the route to go to Aosta! For you it is normal?
You think tha is normal to enter in a restaurant ant to order a plate of spaghetti to share in 3 people, during the Merry Chrismas party?
My opinion is easy I like my job andI love my guest but they have to respect me and my staff because we push every day to offer the best quality budget hotel in the Matterhorn valley.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

The hotel price is not bad for Switzerland, even if the rooms are small. The location is good, you can take the train from a near village to get in Zermatt.
I really did not appreciate the service and the way they deal with customers complaints.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank StefyWeb
Maurizio M, Owner at Matterhorn Golf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Dear Emy, my hotel is simple, but good quality and with all services. Private taxi transfers, free wifi, easy express check in and out, daily live music and special entertainments, fast and professional tourism office and dvd player, digital television, frigobar, coffe machine, skyphone, and more in all rooms. We are the first budget hotel with all comforts and global services. Now you have booked some single rooms double use because we was totally booked, little but really cheap was the only rooms available, now because you complain us?

About the customers complaints, I am here to offer my personal support to try to solve every eventual problem.

We work everyday to try to offer a good service at the right value, with passion and with professionality, thank you Maurizio Montifcelli

Reviewed December 12, 2012

We were obliged to stay at this hotel because it was impossible to cancel even one month before!
Once reserved, you can no longer cancel no matter what! And the total amount had been debited without any notice as soon as we inquied the hotel for the canceling policy.
Then, when we dined at the restaurant - on the menu, it was written something like "you are not supposed to order just one dish, you have to at least order 2 or more dishes" - we've never seen this at any other restaurants or hotel...
It was not nice and we were really disappointed to stay at this hotel with so much good notes from other clients...

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Hitomi T
Maurizio M, Owner at Matterhorn Golf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2012

Dear Hitomi, you have entered a bad review to penalize our hotel, and it is really not correct. You have chosen to book the hotel with a non refundable rate, discounted rate, so why you complain us? The restaurant La Tana offer a superior service and top quality food with Live Music and Entertainment for free. We have some differents menu, from 25 chf included drink, and a la carte service, you have chosen to dine a la carte, now because you complain us?

Reviewed October 30, 2012

We stayed here one night. The family-owned and operated hotel was clean, well-cared for. Staff was friendly and helpful. They went out of their way to accommodate us. Be sure to make a reservation for dinner when you check in, before if you arrive at dinnertime. It was an excellent Italian meal. Portions are HUGE, however. Yummy breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing Zermatt for the best view.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Being close to Zermatt this hotel has a nice location. The staff is really helpful, they even drive people to Tasch so that you can reach your connection to other places. The rooms were a bit cold but they provide also heaters so that everyone is fine!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We spent one night on this hotel in Randa to visit Zermatt and it was a lovely stay. The room and bathroom were comfortable and clean, good breakfast (which to me means fresh bread and good quality coffee/cappuccino) and a very good service. There was a nice reception with chocolate, apple, flowers and a espresso machine for our personal use in the room. We had a nice view from the balcony. We are very satisfied. They have parking on the hotel and a van to take people to the train station to Zermatt, which is very convenient but we didn't use this service.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We booked this hotel to visit Zermatt. The hotel is not far from Zermatt but in order to get to Zermatt you need to take a train because Zermatt cuty is car free. Hotel is very nice and not expensive in comparison to similar hotels in Switzerland. The hosts are very nice and welcoming they provide you with all the information you need they are very friendly and make you feel like home. The rooms were good and clean. We had balcony that was facing mountains very nice view. Its quiet and relaxing in the town, but we spend most of the time in city of Zermatt. For people who traveling by car in order to get to Zermatt you need to park your car in town 5 min away from hotel pay for parking around $10-$20 per day depands how long you stay and buy tickets on train $35 two way per person or you can go with hotel staff they have special car to take you to Zermatt it costs the same $15 per person each way but they operate 7am to 7pm

Room Tip: rooms with balcony are great
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Randa
Typically Swiss Hotel Taescherhof
#14 of 111 in Zermatt
Hotel Alpenhof
Hotel Alpenhof
#16 of 111 in Zermatt

Been to Matterhorn Golf Hotel? Share your experiences!