“pallace backpacker, hervey bay is good”

Palace Backpackers Hervey Bay
Reviewed March 5, 2013

since i am in hervey bay i am staying at pallace backpacker and i enjoy it really much. the crew is really nice and friendly and the place itself is nice. I recommend it strongly. It is situate at 3 minutes walk from the beach, and not far from the shops.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Palace Backpackers Hervey Bay

Reviewed March 5, 2013

The place was okey, but I saw some problems.
The rooms are in "small houses" with 4 rooms, 2 bathrooms and 1 kitchen each, But people from other "houses" had to come to ours because was the only that have a oven working, so everithing gets more dirty. I could cook, but with 3 or 4 other people.
The bathroom wasn't very clean and I had the impression that the trash bin wasn't taken for a week. The room was okey, but the fan wasn't good.
I had a problem with the tour to Fraser Island and coudn't speak with the manager.
It isn't the best place I've been, but it isn't the worst either.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FlaviaTrevisanF
Palace_Backpackers, Manager at Palace Backpackers Hervey Bay, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

We're sorry you had a few issues on your stay with us FlaviaTrevisanF. We're constantly trying to improve so seeing your feedback is important to us. It allows us to check our cleaning schedules and appliances and come up with suitable strategies so if our manager is on a day off, we can still address your issues. If you have any outstanding issues, please feel free to contact us direct at any time!

Reviewed February 21, 2013

So clean,got everything ya need!20 bucks a night,can't argue with that.All newly Reno'd so dismiss old reviews.All the staff were helpfull as.nice clean pool out the back for all to use,regular buses and all that.big tv room and kitchens for every unit.also while your there you might aswell go for a little trip over to Fraser for a couple of days.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Great stopping over point for Fraser Island. I found the staff to be very helpful and generally other backpackers here seemed to be pretty nice. Nice little pool out back.
I stayed here for one night in a private room and it did the job for me.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 16, 2012

I had to stay in Hervey Bay a week after i did the Fraser trip with Palace. The hostel is clean and the staff are all very friendly and helpful. The tour of Fraser was fantastic and i wouldn't change anything. I like the way the hostel is split into separate units so there is a limited number of people using the kitchen so you never have to wait too long before you can cook. The kitchen was well stocked and one of the cleanest i have seen in a hostel.
Would recommend this hostel to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I stayed at Palace for one night and found the hostel a great place to stay. Rooms are very light and the hostel was really clean. I found the staff friendly and helpful and would definitely stay here again. I am travelling on my own and i felt very comfortable staying at this hostel. I would recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

Group of obnoxious guys stayed up till 4am listening to drum and base and shouting over it about their various different drug experiences...no competent staff to enforce the 10pm noise curfew or to complain to about the fact no one could get any sleep. This is not to mention the poor cleanliness and poorly stocked kitchen. Do not stay here if you want to actually get any sleep!!

• Stayed: November 2012
3  Thank GCC26
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scarness
Palace Hostels
Fraser Coast Top Tourist Park
Sunseeker Motel
Sunseeker Motel
#1 of 1 in Scarness

Been to Palace Backpackers Hervey Bay? Share your experiences!